Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins ISL450
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
This would definitely work. I just don't know how it would feel when off roading.

That looks pretty interesting

Never experienced "death wobble" on any newer (unmodified) Jeeps. I'm looking into it just to firm up the Jeep steering. Backing up with 4 down, that would be a plus.

Here's a list of part numbers:
The units will be available on the first. Brackets are set for mid Jan ship dates. Roadmaster is taking orders.
MakeModelGenerationYear StartYear EndExact Center BracketExact Center Steering Control Unit
JeepWranglerTJ19972006ECB4481200
JeepWranglerLJ20042006ECB4481200
JeepWranglerJK20072018ECB5481200
JeepWranglerJL20182022ECB2481200
JeepGladiatorJT20202022ECB2481200

Death Wobble was experienced by Wrangler Owners in the New body Style which was introduced in 2018. Jeep has some new front-end parts to fix it and believe there was a warranty recall on it. Jeep Wrangler Forums has a long thread on it. www.jlwranglerforums.com - do search on death wobble. Not sure how this stabilizer will allow you to back up with jeep/vehicle period, if I read correctly. The tow bars want to spread apart, which will/can break parts, I would never do it. I have had to unhook several times when having to turn around in old MH. The 55-degree wheel cut on the new ones almost always gets me turned around without that problem.

Hmmm…
Not sure how this is any different than the multitude of Steering Stabilizers that have been used for years.
If I towed with a Jeep, a stabilizer would be the first things I’d install; if for nothing more than towing.

This reminds me that I still haven’t done my backup drill with my wife in our Raptor. I want to see how difficult it would be for her to hold the steering wheel while I back up; with and without motor running for power steering.

Death Wobble was experienced by Wrangler Owners in the New body Style which was introduced in 2018. Jeep has some new front-end parts to fix it and believe there was a warranty recall on it. Jeep Wrangler Forums has a long thread on it. www.jlwranglerforums.com - do search on death wobble. Not sure how this stabilizer will allow you to back up with jeep/vehicle period, if I read correctly. The tow bars want to spread apart, which will/can break parts, I would never do it. I have had to unhook several times when having to turn around in old MH. The 55-degree wheel cut on the new ones almost always gets me turned around without that problem.
I'm very familiar with the phenomenon called "death wobble" and visit and post on the Jeep forums frequently. Actually, the forces backing up are probably the same as forces encountered during braking while being towed, and are multiplied without toad brakes. (as I know some who don't use a braking system on their toad) The JL platform has a "wandering" problem that was addressed by replacing the aluminum steering box on early models (problem thought to be different expansion characteristics) with the steel box on later models. (didn't really eliminate the problem) This Exact Center should help the wandering.
Death wobble is a problem that USUALLY happens when altering the suspension (like a lift) without correcting the caster with longer lower control arms. There are MANY other factors that can cause it, but I would think there are very few new jeeps roll off the line with death wobble.

Last edited:
Any jeep that has death wobble should be fixed. A steering stabilizer does not resolve the problem, only masks the problem.

Death wobble has 7 known causes. All of them are items that should be fixed, before more damage is done.

I routinely take my stabilizers off and drive, including dips and ruts, to make sure no death wobble exists.

That being said, unlike a steering stabilizer, this unit has a feature for return to center. That is not a normal feature of a stabilizer.

I will probably end up ordering this to try it out. I can see a lot of reasons why it would create problems when offroading, but equally see where it might help. I am running the stock Steel (upgraded) power steering pump with 37" tires. I am curious if this will help with the wheel return at slow speeds, where as right now I am working my pump very hard.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back