RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2021 Chevy Trailblazer
Fulltimer
No
I was given some advice that I would like to pass along. I was told to look carefully above the awning fabric mounting track on the passenger side. This is the sidewall mounted awning, not roof mounted. I was told to look for the presence of cracks above each mounting screw. I am told that some owners are finding cracks at every screw and some as long as 4 to 5 inches.
I took a look and to my surprise, I too found cracks. I took photos and sent them to my Ventana service advisor. I am now scheduled in September to take the coach to Nappanee for an aluminum overlay application. The description was to install an aluminum sheet under the awning fabric mounting strip. Then, the sheet is rolled up to the roof and fastened. Then the sheet is color match painted. I am told it cannot be seen from the ground. They need the coach for 5 days.
You’ll need to zoom in on the photo to see the crack.
2017 Ventana LE 4037
7E1F2E1E-9844-4222-9A83-6F7CC69EE5DE.jpeg

Interesting, thanks, will check mine.

Thanks I will be looking today!

Got the same cracks and they have been there for a year or more. These cracks begin where the patio awning screws are installed. The cracks run about 6-8 inches up the radius. They appear to be just hair line cracks maybe in the gel coat. But, when moving your finger across the crack line you can feel a slight bump or raised area. I will forward picture to Newmar also.

Attachments

• BB327A5E-B964-40B8-A556-FFE1C94BFCA9_1_201_a.jpeg
    BB327A5E-B964-40B8-A556-FFE1C94BFCA9_1_201_a.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
  • B2741D30-3DB1-41C9-9A60-E928E06FF026_1_201_a.jpeg
    B2741D30-3DB1-41C9-9A60-E928E06FF026_1_201_a.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 23
  • 4F9E34C1-CCA0-4522-AD12-2AC87F05F20E_1_201_a.jpeg
    4F9E34C1-CCA0-4522-AD12-2AC87F05F20E_1_201_a.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 22
Thanks. Hate to see more stuff to get fixed. 5 days in a hotel is not fun either.

Numerous reports of this issue. At Mothership, mine was checked, no cracks, but it's covered under the 5 year structural warranty. I was told they replace the entire roof, so not sure what the whole story is. They will fix it though. So I check roof about every 6 months. Now about the water leak showing up in the TV compartment (no tv) and Newmar could not find it.

I was given some advice that I would like to pass along. I was told to look carefully above the awning fabric mounting track on the passenger side. This is the sidewall mounted awning, not roof mounted. I was told to look for the presence of cracks above each mounting screw. I am told that some owners are finding cracks at every screw and some as long as 4 to 5 inches.
I took a look and to my surprise, I too found cracks. I took photos and sent them to my Ventana service advisor. I am now scheduled in September to take the coach to Nappanee for an aluminum overlay application. The description was to install an aluminum sheet under the awning fabric mounting strip. Then, the sheet is rolled up to the roof and fastened. Then the sheet is color match painted. I am told it cannot be seen from the ground. They need the coach for 5 days.
You’ll need to zoom in on the photo to see the crack.
2017 Ventana LE 4037
View attachment 2672

Can you zoom out and draw an arrow where this is in respect to the entire coach?

Can you zoom out and draw an arrow where this is in respect to the entire coach?
I am not with the coach, plus I'm sick, so I cannot zoom out. I can tell you that the track along the bottom of the photo in post #1 is the awning fabric anchorage track. The screw head is attaching the track to the understructure. The front of the track is just off the photo a few inches to the right. This is not the only one. There are 4, maybe 5 visible cracks in mine. @stang37 is far worse than mine. Another possible case of over-torquing fasteners?

RandyB

I sent a email to Newmar customer service to the attention of Erica Miller 7/14/2020. I haven't heard back from them yet. I'll wait a couple more days before trying to contact Newmar/her by phone.

To my best recollection it took about 2 weeks for Erica and another week for the service scheduler.

Latest resources

Back