RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
In the photo below is the marked area where I should find the solar pre-wire? I understand one needs to drill thru the roof covered by the metal plate to access the solar pre-wire?

View attachment Ventana Solar Pre-wire.jpg

Yup....I used an oscillating saw to cut the hole...as I didn't want to dig too deep into the roof. Worked well. Once you cut the hole, you should see the two solar wires...although you may have to fish a bit for it.

Before you drill/cut, you might want to put a tone generator on the wire to be sure that is where it is:)

In the photo below is the marked area where I should find the solar pre-wire? I understand one needs to drill thru the roof covered by the metal plate to access the solar pre-wire?

View attachment 4075
Remove the dicor, it should be a metal plate screwed down. Remove the plate and see what's below if there is a hole or not. The hole doesn't always align with where the wires are, mine were about 6 inches off. Be VERY careful drilling into ANYTHING in your coach only penetrating the initial barrier, i.e. thickness as other stuff can be behind where you're drilling. AC ducting was directly below my solar prep so if you drill and let the drill go down inches you're going to penetrate something you didn't want to. It's surgery, treat it as such, i.e. extreme caution.

Sometimes finding the wires from small hole on the roof can be difficult as it can be hidden by insulation. Good suggestion by @JoeHogan on tone generator. Also might consider removal of kitchen vent to assist in locating the wires in lieu of multiple or oversized holes in the roof.

Remove the dicor, it should be a metal plate screwed down. Remove the plate and see what's below if there is a hole or not. The hole doesn't always align with where the wires are, mine were about 6 inches off. Be VERY careful drilling into ANYTHING in your coach only penetrating the initial barrier, i.e. thickness as other stuff can be behind where you're drilling. AC ducting was directly below my solar prep so if you drill and let the drill go down inches you're going to penetrate something you didn't want to. It's surgery, treat it as such, i.e. extreme caution.
@Neal makes a good point about not drilling to deep. When I have to drill into a location I will grab a piece of scrap wood and drill through it. Then I use that wood as a stop to keep from going through something I didn't plan to.

Let’s try again

Attachments

• D595BAB0-E081-4955-87DA-F1B45CDAF8D8.jpeg
    D595BAB0-E081-4955-87DA-F1B45CDAF8D8.jpeg
    878.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 49B6AAD5-C045-4AA0-A6D4-B0F4DB587064.jpeg
    49B6AAD5-C045-4AA0-A6D4-B0F4DB587064.jpeg
    635.5 KB · Views: 44
  • E6E11E29-2EE7-4485-853B-2EAD848DF00E.jpeg
    E6E11E29-2EE7-4485-853B-2EAD848DF00E.jpeg
    671.7 KB · Views: 44
Is the roof glass or rubber?