Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Highpockets

RVF Regular
I am looking for recommendations on proper treatment of 5th Wheel roof. My understanding is UV can really deteriorate the roofing. Thanks for information
Highpockets

I am a strong believer in RV Armor. I figure it in to the price of any RV. Expensive, but what is the price of a lifetime of peace of mind.

Roof material is big for this question! If you coach has fiberglass roofing, sealing will take care of most problems.

Rubber roofing should be coated while new, so uv never becomes a problem. The product I have used is Henry's 100% silicone roof coat. Under the name tropi-cool. Don't take my word for it, go to their website and read about it there.

Thanks Kevin. The front and rear surfaces are fiberglass . The center appears to be either a vinyl or rubberized material. I am contacting CrossRoads to learn specifics.
Highpockets

After 33 years, my glass cap developed spider fractures. Sanded and applied tropi-coat. My roof is one piece aluminum but still coated to insulate from sun.

Read the information on Henry's, it is designed for rubber roofs.

I am a strong believer in RV Armor. I figure it in to the price of any RV. Expensive, but what is the price of a lifetime of peace of mind.
I went to their website to inquire about a price. Apparently they have to call you so I left my name/number. While I'm waiting to hear from them, what did the product cost on your rig?

Jim, have you been up on your roof (my wife has put sever constraints on stuff I used to do, like this)? It should be a fiberglass roof with sealant where the seams are. Fiberglass doesn't need to be sealed but the seams sealant may need to be redone. I scaped all that sealant off, filled the gap with good caulking and then put 4" Eternabond over that, all around. Your coach is much too young to worry about this.

I went to their website to inquire about a price. Apparently they have to call you so I left my name/number. While I'm waiting to hear from them, what did the product cost on your rig?
I think it was around $4500. I think they charge by the foot. My 0 foot class C was $3500. Reducing the number of areas that need seals checked was well worth it. And it is guaranteed for life. PM me for a discount. And no, I neither work for them nor do I get paid by them. Just a good repeat customer.

Latest resources

Back