Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Sheepdog

RVF Newbee
Own 2008 HR Navigator. Am chasing a water leak. This may sound dumb, but here goes. I have 3 rooftop units. The condensate from the rear unit is routed down a hose and comes out under the rear of the coach. The condensate from the forward two units appears to just drop onto the coach roof to evaporate I guess. Am I correct or is/are plugged drain hoses I should be looking for? Thanks for your help.

The only way to know for sure is to go up and see what they have done.

The only way to know for sure is to go up and see what they have done.
I have done that. I can't see and obvious drain line in any of the 3 units. I was hoping that someone else has been into the condensate drain systems and can point me in a direction. Thxs for your post.

I have a 2006 HR Ambassador. I have water running off my roof like crazy when the A/C units are on! I'm going to be going up there soon to try to figure out whats going on. I'm hoping there is a drain tube somewhere but it sure is a lot of water! But we have 90% humidity down here in the Southeast so it's expected. But I hate the white chalky residue it leaves on the sides of the RV. :(

My front unit has a drain the exits behind the front cap. All of your units should have a drain hose.
Thanks for that information. I figured if there was a drain hose it would be stopped up by now. I'll go look for it.

Mine ( not an HR) just drains out the bottom of the A/C unit. It is open all around on the bottom. Yes the water just runs off the roof in the most expedient direction.

Mine ( not an HR) just drains out the bottom of the A/C unit. It is open all around on the bottom. Yes the water just runs off the roof in the most expedient direction.
I hope mine has a hose. Then maybe I can re-route it off the other side or something.

Good news. Solved my problem. Looked under the front drivers side clip (body panel) and found two hoses wire tied together that just were open to the air. Took an air hose nozzle and blew birsts of air up each tube several times. I heard the air escape up top of the coach after each burst of air. Then turned on the middle unit and waited and sure enough water started to drain out of one tube. Then did the same with the front unit and again water that had been running onto the roof now was running out of the second tube. Apparently some small amount of something had blocked each house coming from each roof top unit. Since that condensate flow has no pressure behind it it wouldn't take much trash to block it.

Latest resources

Back