Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
As I'm getting ready to start using Starlink and the network situation is complex for my setup and ideally an ethernet connection to Pepwave 2 which resides in the half bath is the desired connection (WAN port). I could run a cable through the half bath window which does open, I'd have to remove the screen, but not ideal. I want something better integrated.

While at Newmar for service this past week I asked my tech "if I had you all run a cable from half bath to the basement, what path would you take." He showed me the pipe in the electrical cabinet is the path to follow. So I ordered fishing tape and a 25ft ethernet cable and waited until today to tackle this project.

This path really isn't that hard to pass a wire but there is a plywood subfloor in our coaches and all depends how large of a cutout they give you. I had maybe an inch square outside of the pipe path to get through. It took about 85% luck at 15% skill. This is something much easier to do with some help but I was able to get lucky enough to do this on my own. This was the second hardest wire run to date, figuring out the path into the bedroom slide for boogey lights takes first place. I ended up just pushing the network cable down the path in hopes to find it from below. I taped the end of the ethernet cable to not break off the release tab as we all know is too easily done. It took some time but I eventually saw the blue cable and was not lucky enough to get it through the plywood but I could see it. I used the fishing tape by making a V in the end of it, like a hook, then worked it up from below and finally grappled the ethernet cable and pulled it through. By the way, I had to remove the pegboard and all contents from that bay to access above. Tight space with all the wire bundles.

As it seems from others it's best to run this into a switch and then plug starlink into a switch so I'll likely put a switch in the basement for this as well. I haven't completed that part of this setup yet nor used Starlink yet, maybe this evening or tomorrow. I'm cherishing this victory savoring it for the moment. It would have been nice to figure this path out when I ran my drainmaster electric gate wires but that ended up working out fine but ideally the half bath is a better location "for next time."

Picture from below didn't come out well but photo for effect.

IMG_4050.png
IMG_4052.png

Last edited:
So to be clear, you ran next to the conduit pipe, not in it?? Thats amazing you were able to push that through with factory ends.....impressive!

Scott

It's not a conduit, it's a black tank vent. I pushed the cable next to it. Lucky - yes!

Looks great
I ran 2-8 gauge pos/neg same way down into wet bay and the forward to battery compartment for solar worked out great. Easy way to run wire down and install a pull string for any future needs.

Latest resources

Back