Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dilmar

RVF Regular
My rv has been confirmed as a 50 amp, but there are only three prongs. I need to convert to 30 amps. All of the 30 to 50 amp cords have four holes on female end bc usually 50 amp is 4 pronged. What should I buy? I attached a picture of the rv connection. I verified three times the rv is 50...help appreciated. @Dilmar

Attachments

• 20210918_112639.jpg
    20210918_112639.jpg
    738.6 KB · Views: 15
I just realized what the issue I am having is and I bet a lot of 1st time campers have the same question. The adapter is not a cord that you replace your current cord with. The adapter chord is going to attach to my current cord. Therefore the end of my current chord which has therefore holes will go into the 30 to 50 amp female end. I am very visual and no one ever said that I am just attaching the 2 cords together. Therefore in my mind I was replacing 1 with the other!

The picture you show is a 50A plug that is on the side of your RV. The fourth connector is the silver strip on the outside. That is the ground, set up that way to make sure it is the first connection made. What you may want to do is look for a 30A to 50A dogbone. You plug the 30A plug into the pedastal and your 50A plug into the other end. Just remember, you are quite limited on amps with the 30A plug.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back