• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Jimmy jayco

I just used a product called awesome and did a great job getting black streaks off my rv. I just wondering if anyone has used this on a rubber roof ro remove black oxidation and will it harm the roof

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Welcome to RVForums @Jimmy jayco. Never heard of it. Have a link to share for others to learn from?

494 Bridgeport Ave. Suite 101 PMB 342 Shelton CT
If there is slight oxidation, an easy one-step process is to simply apply a cleaner/wax or restorer/wax. These waxes contain a mild to medium abrasive. Working in small 3 foot by 3 foot areas, apply the products in a circular motion. Let it dry to a haze and then buff it out to a nice shine, and your RV's roof is done. Also don’t forget to recoat your RV roof with Liquid RV Roof for added protection.

Robert07

Just Idling Around
If you are worried about oxidizing in your RV like me, I will share with you how to remove oxidation from RV fiberglass. I recommend parking your motorcycle in a shaded area. Putting it in direct sunlight dries the polish and wax quickly, making it difficult to polish. Then wash it with a warm soapy solution. Apply a buffering compound to the fiberglass of your motorhome using an applicator. Spread the polish on a 2.5cm-sized portion and start polishing the backing. Take the yellow sponge and apply the polishing compound. Use the orbital polisher to spread the polish in small 22 inch square sections, combining up and down with right and left movements. Finally, waxing is an essential step for the complete restoration of RV fiberglass.

AbdRahim

RVF Supporter
I did not discover Awesome until after I traded the RV with the rubber roof. There are several products made for cleaning and treating rubber roofs.

I now use Aerospace 303 on all rubber and plastic exterior surfaces, after cleaning, to protect them from the sun.