RV Make
Winnebago Itasca
RV Model
Sunova
RV Length
35 foot
TOW/TOAD
2015 Willy's Jeep
If you were designing a new house with an RV garage for your class A. What size would you go ? Just big enough for it to park in, or big enough to open all the slides. The plan we are looking at has it as 68 feet long, 14 high and 10 foot wide. And yes money is an issue.
Looking for your input on this.
Thanks

I'd made it big enough that at least one slide could be opened and you could get all the way around it to do work.

If you were designing a new house with an RV garage for your class A. What size would you go ? Just big enough for it to park in, or big enough to open all the slides. The plan we are looking at has it as 68 feet long, 14 high and 10 foot wide. And yes money is an issue.
Looking for your input on this.
Thanks
And picture of yours would be great.

10ft wide is not enough. Mine is 16 x 20 x 45 and I wish it was 16 x 25 x 65

Your garage door must be 10ft wide, and that leaves 1 ft either side to pull in. My door is 14Hx12w and is perfect size.

Breaking ground in the the spring if all the stars line up. It will be 59 foot deep instead of 49 foot. A few changes in the house part also, by my wife.
image0.png

Following - we have been considering building something along these lines and love to learn from others.

I would love to see the inside of others out there.
(pictures please)

If I was doing it I would want 4 -6 feet of extra space all the way around the RV when everything is fully extended so you can easily navigate to anywhere you wish.
For example 102" MH + 30" slide + 30" slide = 162"/12=13.5' With this you'd have a foot on each side.

Question: How do you manage the RV waste water tank vent fumes(?) when the RV is in an enclosed space? Granted you can empty and flush tanks before storage, is that enough?

Question: How do you manage the RV waste water tank vent fumes(?) when the RV is in an enclosed space? Granted you can empty and flush tanks before storage, is that enough?
I open garage doors when dumping, and then add 5 gallons of fresh water. Never had an odor issue.

Latest resources

Back