Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

goldenace

RVF Regular
I recently acquired a 1999 Holiday Rambler 36ft fifth wheel. It seems ok from a mechanical and structure standpoint but the interior is a filthy mess. As far as I know the previous owner was not a smoker but the walls and ceilings have 20 years of dirt, grime and grease throughout. To provide some perspective on what I'm trying to clean, this is a photo of part of the ceiling. This is a big trailer and it's going to take a long time and a lot of work to get it cleaned up. Looking for any suggestions to speed the process up. The "clean" section was done with Clorox Cleaner with Bleach.
20221002_124407.jpg

What ever you use, try it in small areas that wont be seen first. Something that old might not hold up well to strong cleaners. That said, my suggestion is TSP - tri-sodium phosphate, usually available at stores like home depot. Its a strong cleaner, but typically doesnt damage surfaces. I used it in my many of my rentals years ago with good results.

I have also used two cleaners (not together) Simple Green and Awesome. Both you can dilute as you need to or use full strength. A little at a time, you will get if done. Magic Eraser works good as well. I have used it with the Awesome.

That and a whole bunch of elbow grease and you’ll have it looking like new!

Latest resources

Back