RV Model
Allegro Open Road 36 LA
RV Length
37'
TOW/TOAD
2021 Chevy Colorado LT 4x4
Fulltimer
Yes
While we await the arrival of our 2022 Tiffin Allegro Open Road we have been discussing the Queen memory foam mattress provided. We like our home mattress (also a queen) that we spent a fair amount on about 2 years ago and wonder if we should put it in storage when we empty our house so we can swap it out when the MH arrives. Would like to know what some other folks have done. Thanks for your input.

Definitely. Most RV mattresses are subpar unless you pay up for something like a sleep number. Even then, you pay through the nose because it’s an “RV Mattress”. If you have one you like, swap it on day zero.

I would wait and try the thing out. A few months ago when we got our new TH the mattress was junk as we suspected it would be. Just to get by the DW bought one of those $140.00 foam toppers and we threw on it. Heck, we are still using that and it actually did the trick on top of the OEM mattress.

We changed out the original king mattress for a Memory foam King until we realized that the cubies were no longer accessible. Plus the thing was so big and thick, you couldn't hardly walk around in there. Changed it out for a queen and added some bolsters on each side to keep it in place. Love the bedroom again. Don't like kings much anyway. The honey is almost out of reach:)

I got to tell ya, the stock mattress on our 2019 Open Road 32SA was excellent. And also on our new 2021 Tiffin 33 AA.

HH

I would recommend it to all my friends and family if they are in the market for a new mattress. I have not seen anything like this on the market in terms of price comfort and quality while being competitive with mattresses 6-8 times more expensive. If your looking for a memory foam mattress and don't want to break the bank but don't want your sleep and back to suffer, look no further, the Zinus mattress is your best bet and buy.
I just ordered the Zinus 8in Ultimate memory foam for ours.. thanks for recommendation

We have bought numerous Zinus mattresses, had their short queen in our class a, and bought a king and queen for our Florida bungalow and we just recently bought one for our northern home. It’s nice when you can sleep on the “same” mattress all the time. Too bad we can’t fit one in the class b we’re using now…

Latest resources

Back