Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

lemondrop9344

RVF VIP
I know that RV park WiFI gets a bad rap as being next to useless. There are exceptions.
When my AT&T reseller no longer offered the plan I had been on for over two years, I was more than a little frantic. I use about 200GB+ a month dedicated to my business activities. The thought of having to go through the process of finding reliable cellular providers comparable to AT&T for this amount of data was not something I wanted to deal with. As a general rule, the support people at the major cellular carriers are lost when it comes to any device they don't sell. Prior to going down the rabbit hole looking to replace my now defunct AT&T plan, I decided to try out our RV park WiFi for reliability.
I've frequently bragged about the quality of the park WiFi. However many of the folks here have nothing nice to say about it citing frequent outages, buffering & a variety of other issues. To be honest, I had reservations about using it as my primary source of internet for my business use.
Well, I'm about a month or so into using it as my primary internet source for my business. So far I can say I have been more than pleased with it's reliability. I am using a MAX BR1 PRO LTE A (the 4G model with a CAT-20 modem) with the paddle antennas. I've attached a screen capture of a speed test conducted just a few minutes ago. This is not an anomaly as I've been running these tests off an on for the last month. By the way, I'm streaming 720p media via ROKU to a TV in the front of the RV.
Decent RV park WiFi does exist, even in remote SE coastal NC.

1659537112460.png

What park is this? The last place I was in the Sun park system,
I paid $30 for a month of supposedly fast internet. It was totally useless ( 60 seconds to load a simple page, etc.). I ended up getting a refund after over two hours on the phone with the tech support of the internet provider. You are most fortunate.

Ocean Breeze Family Campground in Supply, NC. Fairly good size RV park about halfway between Wilmington, NC & Myrtle Beach, SC. It's on the main land side of the Inter Coastal Waterway across from Holden Beach.
Based on my travels (primarily east of the Mississippi) this is the best RV park WiFi I've encountered.

Latest resources

Back