• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Stefk

RVF Newbee
Hi,
I am looking for advice on RV Campgrounds and Parks to stay at that have nice attractions within walking distance. We have 4 children under 7 and will also be traveling with a senior. Won’t be towing a vehicle so looking for easy spots with the best views and walking distance attractions like trails and the like. We will be driving from Southern California to Missouri and are taking the 15N to the 70E. Mainly looking for suggestions along this route in Utah and Colorado.

We got RV Trip wizard to help plan our trip and it's been invaluable so far. It doesn't cover everything but gives us quite a few campgrounds on our route. I know there are other apps that will do the same thing.

Hi,
I am looking for advice on RV Campgrounds and Parks to stay at that have nice attractions within walking distance. We have 4 children under 7 and will also be traveling with a senior. Won’t be towing a vehicle so looking for easy spots with the best views and walking distance attractions like trails and the like. We will be driving from Southern California to Missouri and are taking the 15N to the 70E. Mainly looking for suggestions along this route in Utah and Colorado.
Welcome Stefk, are you renting a class C in California and do you have any RV experience?

As has already been stated there are some RV apps you can utilize to find suitable CGs along your route. We use RVParky mainly. To see what is in the general area you would have to rely on mainly reviews of those campgrounds or possibly call them. I seriously doubt you would find a campsite every night that would have nice attractions within walking distance and great views.

Last edited:
There are a lot of amusement parks that have campgrounds. Examples are Dollywood, Bush Gardens, Silverwood,
Disney, The list is endless and all over the map. Just start looking at amusement parks and see which ones have campgrounds. Your national parks have lots of attractions built right in and most are just short hikes from their campgrounds too.

Latest resources

Back