Chassis
Ford F-53, 26,000GVWR
Engine
Ford V-10
TOW/TOAD
2017 Gmc Terrain & 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR-2
Fulltimer
No
RV Port homes are seemingly gaining in popularity around the country. As are "RV" lots in many RV Communities.
My comments here are primarily referenced toward the state of Florida! Other states around the country have similar options available. Most of which I'm not that familiar with.
These options seem to appeal to those that are practically "full time" and others that "part time", as well as others just looking for a neighborhood, sub-division or community where they can live and have their RV at the same location.
Some the true RV PORT HOMES are absolutely stunning & luxurious, & seem to range from about $300,000 to upwards of $1,000,000.
Other "PORT" homes or lots seemingly range from approximately $35,000-$150,000 for some lots, and there are Communities that have just lots or pads, guessing they range from $30,000 to $90,000. And then there are some communities with pads and casitas, & others that have modular homes with ports attached, seem to run from about $60,000-$160,000, then others with a mobile home & attached port from $35,000-80,000. My price ranges are approximates and not absolutes, as the prices will range all over the map!
The above are "DEEDED LOTS" as we are use to seeing in most any real estate transaction.
And there are Communities where one owns the "Building", but not the ground, and thus require "Ground Rent" (Lease or whatever) be paid monthly. These "rents" can seemingly range from about $200 per month to as much as $800-$900 or more per month. All dependent upon location. Purchasing the home, modular, or mobile, & the pad are much less expensive, $20,000-$60,000 range, but the "ground rent" makes these quite expensive, regards overall ownership! I personally would not recommend this type purchase, but many folks own these type properties, so there must be a good market for them.
As we currently live in Virginia, a state which has "personal property" taxes (significant in my opinion), and State Income Taxes, & some other minor things; we are seriously looking at relocating to Florida as our place of residence.
A deeded lot "Port Home" Community, moderately priced, is what has interested us, and these tend to range from about $80,000-$180,000 depending upon age and location. This seems to fit our requirement, as we will be traveling a significant portion of the year, & are also looking at a RV community in the mountains of south western Virginia, as a summer home.
Most of these communities have "HOA" fees which will range from about $50-$120 per month & include all lawn care, landscaping, pool & club house amenities. Some will include water & sewer, but none covers electricity. Seems that each community has a substantial amount of community activities that run the gamut from cards, to bingo, to golf, to trips, etc.
I hope maybe this has given some of you something to think about now and during your future in the "RV'ing World", and whatever one's choice...ENJOY IT TO THE UTMOST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back