Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
I'm wondering if others have noticed the upsurge in sales of lots at RV resorts? Where we own a lot, there are usually a dozen or so lots for sale at any given time. The resort has a total of 61.

In checking the "For Sale" list today, there are only 3 lots currently available for purchase and 8 lots have "Sale Pending" on them. We've never seen this level of activity since we purchased our lot in 2017.

Anyone else seeing this kind of activity?

TJ

Last edited:
I was expecting a precipitous drop in lot prices when the economy took a nose dive earlier this year and people would entertain aggressive offers reminiscent of 2008. We were considering a lot at MCC in Indio. I was wrong. They are moving some not quite like Polson right now. The lot we wanted is still for sale and the owner will not entertain an offer lower than the list. There have been some price reductions on a couple of the lots but the number for sale seems about the same. This is not their season so that might have something to do with it. Maybe people are price sensitive and Polson lots are an attractive price point to get in.

Yes. We are looking at Hilton Head Island Motorcoach and have visited twice this summer. Prices have been rising steadily and even since June have gone up quite a bit.

Yes we have noticed that too. Just left Mt. Falls RV resort and actually stayed on a lot that was for sale and the entire time we were there folks were coming by looking at it. It actually sold before we left. It seemed to be a sellers market there.

I'm wondering if others have noticed the upsurge in sales of lots at RV resorts? Where we own a lot, there are usually a dozen or so lots for sale at any given time. The resort has a total of 61.

In checking the "For Sale" list today, there are only 3 lots currently available for purchase and 8 lots have "Sale Pending" on them. We've never seen this level of activity since we purchased our lot in 2017.

Anyone else seeing this kind of activity?

TJ
Hello, yes we have noticed it also, we are looking for a plot of land, in Nevada or Montana to buy, so if we want to lodge for awhile. Any suggestions please.

Wow! Two more lots at Polson Motorcoach Resort have now been listed as "Sale Pending." That's 10 lots that have sold in the past couple of weeks. I don't think we've ever seen this kind of sales activity since we started going to Polson in about 2014.

I guess this reinforces the other thread on RVF discussing the price going up in RV parks due to increased activity. Who knew RVers would be smack in the middle of the "new tomorrow?"

TJ

TJ, youtuber “RVing with Andrew Steele” just purchased a lot there and made a couple of vids about the deal.

TJ, youtuber “RVing with Andrew Steele” just purchased a lot there and made a couple of vids about the deal.
I saw the video where he toured the resort, but don't know if he actually purchased a lot. Did he make another video about the purchase? We'll be there later today and I'll know for sure.

TJ

He did. Newest vid was posted yesterday. He seems like a good guy.

He bought a lot from someone who has 3 lots at Polson. Sounded like a pretty good deal as the seller carried the loan for him.

Latest resources

Back