• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bradandsusi

RVF Newbee
Hello.
My husband and I made an appointment last August to bring our trailer in for some maintenance and repairs.
We had a list of things that needed to be repaired.
Some examples were a refrigerator for the outside kitchen that nearly burned the unit down as the cord had melted.
The bathroom wall was falling down.
The bathroom door would not close all of the way.
The awning was crooked.
The stairs were crooked.
The list had several more things on it.
It started off with them telling us that we would be getting our trailer back in 3 to 4 weeks.
When we called after 4 weeks, we were told that the warranty company was overloaded with requests, and they hadn't gotten back to them yet.
We waited another two weeks and called them back.
From there we couldn't get anyone to answer.
Unfortunately, they were 2 hours away from where we live, and it wasn't easy to just jump in the car and go check on it.
Move forward 2 months and we show up there to be told that the service manager quit, and they had a new service manager who was on the ball and it should all be resolved in 3 to 4 weeks more.
2 more service managers, a total of 9 months and summer approaching, and it is still not fixed.
They convinced me through the winter to just wait it out because I didn't plan on using it until spring anyways.
But now I am getting really mad.
Could somebody here please tell me if there are laws about this?
Is there a time limit to how long a repair shop can have your vehicle in for repairs?
Is there anything I can do to get this fixed and done?
Some of the work is under warranty and some of it is not.
I have called the other repair places in our area, and they all have long lines of people waiting to get in for repair as well.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Call the manufacturer. See if they will do repairs at their factory. Document everything with pictures. Provide all records of your communications with the dealer, if you kept any.

Latest resources

Back