Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Lzumc2008

RVF Regular
Bought brand new RV freedom elite 27FE two months ago. Went to camping site today connected to power outlet, power and lights in RV on for a short while, then went off. Where should I take my RV to check it out? To campingworld where I bought it?

Couple of questions first
1. Do you have any batteries
2. Was there power at the pedestal
3. Did you check the breakers inside the RV

Once you determine that the issue is the RV not the pedestal or something you did then you need to have it looked at. Camping World would not be my choice but I’m sure it has some warranty and you want it fixed under that warranty. Unfortunately CW is notorious for being slow in getting things in the shop.

Couple of questions first
1. Do you have any batteries
2. Was there power at the pedestal
3. Did you check the breakers inside the RV

Once you determine that the issue is the RV not the pedestal or something you did then you need to have it looked at. Camping World would not be my choice but I’m sure it has some warranty and you want it fixed under that warranty. Unfortunately CW is notorious for being slow in getting things in the shop.
Thank you! A newbie here. Be honestly with u I am not handy at all and I have not changed a light bulb in past few decades.
Initially when connect to camping site power outlet, the RV has power. We are able to let slide out. After we come back, we found the power inside the car will not be on when still connected with outside power outlet. It’s like the lights inside RV will light up for a second then go off. The RV inside lights will be on unless we turn the car on first but all the usb and outlets inside RV still no power. We r able to bring slide in this morning after I use the key to turn car on.
last night the alarm inside the car is on every few minutes after we turn off the car.
It seems like we need to use the key to turn on the ford e450 first then we have lighting inside RV but electricity outlet inside RV still won’t work but the heating system work.

Is there any other RV shop or store they will check ur car for u? This is a brand new freedom elite 27FE that we bought two months ago and we used it first time yesterday.

thank you for your help

You should probably call CW and have them take a look or explain what you are doing wrong. Most of the time once you plug into the power pedestal you need to turn the breaker for the appropriate power, ie 30A or 50A. Did you do that?

You should probably call CW and have them take a look or explain what you are doing wrong. Most of the time once you plug into the power pedestal you need to turn the breaker for the appropriate power, ie 30A or 50A. Did you do that?
Yes, breaker is on at 30a

Since you say you are new to RVing, let's go back to the basics for just a moment. The power pedestal (the box at the RV park where you plug the coach cable into) has a set of breakers in it. It is customary for the breakers to be turned OFF when the previous site user leaves. When you arrive, they will need to be turned ON after you plug your coach in.

It sounds to me like they are off and you are operating (albeit briefly) from the coach battery/batteries through an inverter. If there is no park power (120V) flowing to the inverter and charging circuit, the coach will only have power until the battery/s are depleted.

It could also be that the power pedestal is faulty and providing little or no power. Do you have a way to check? If not, ask the park staff to verify that the power pedestal is working correctly. It is a fairly common occurrence to find a bad power pedestal, especially at older parks.

TJ

So when starting the engine is giving you 12v power but your not getting any shore power (120v) from pedestal thru to the RV. Does your RV have a generator? If so, start and see if you have any 110 outlets with power

1AFD2EA8-7EAC-4CAE-981A-B95CB3B0143E.jpeg
1AFD2EA8-7EAC-4CAE-981A-B95CB3B0143E.jpeg
30902368-4E2B-4FBD-B99C-60364128F017.jpeg

Attachments

• 14EE561B-A749-48CE-BF0B-DA64A59B46CC.jpeg
    14EE561B-A749-48CE-BF0B-DA64A59B46CC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 3DEB7141-A08A-447C-9967-6F02E3780222.jpeg
    3DEB7141-A08A-447C-9967-6F02E3780222.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Since you say you are new to RVing, let's go back to the basics for just a moment. The power pedestal (the box at the RV park where you plug the coach cable into) has a set of breakers in it. It is customary for the breakers to be turned OFF when the previous site user leaves. When you arrive, they will need to be turned ON after you plug your coach in.

It sounds to me like they are off and you are operating (albeit briefly) from the coach battery/batteries through an inverter. If there is no park power (120V) flowing to the inverter and charging circuit, the coach will only have power until the battery/s are depleted.

It could also be that the power pedestal is faulty and providing little or no power. Do you have a way to check? If not, ask the park staff to verify that the power pedestal is working correctly. It is a fairly common occurrence to find a bad power pedestal, especially at older parks.

TJ
We changed to a different pedestal, light on and bright for a second then light is dim then light went out in RV

Latest resources

Back