Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Can anyone point me to the RVIA code for where exhaust pipes are allowed? Our oasis exhaust exits under the FWS directly beneath the bunk windows. The result being that whenever the oasis kicks on, exhaust enters the unit through those windows if they are open.

At times, the oasis comes up for seemingly no reason as there are no appliances calling for water but I assume it’s coming on for some valid reason I don’t know about, but this can happen at night while the kids are sleeping.

If I could, I would just get a Gen-Turi and be done with it but because the exhaust exits below the FWS, a gen turi won’t work here

i have asked Newmar for a quote to reroute the exhaust but they won’t give me one so I am looking for the RVIA code to see if this is a violation, which if it is I will point out to them.

my hope is that if I can show them that this violates RVIA guidelines, then maybe they will be more open to working with me to fix it. I am fine paying for the work but they won’t even quote it as of right now.

Last edited:
Think I found the relevant guideline in the 2015 RVIA NFPA 1192

Section 6.4 Other Considerations

6.4.3.2 The terminus of combustion exhausts other than the primary mover engine shall not be permitted within a vertical distance of 36 in. (914 mm) below any expandable portion of the recreational vehicle.

also found
5.2.19.1 Propane containers shall be so located that the dis- charge from their pressure relief valves shall be not less than 3 ft (0.9 m) measured horizontally along the surface of the vehicle from any of the following located below the level of such discharge:
(1) Openings into the recreational vehicle
(2) Propane-burning appliance intake and exhaust vents
(3) All combustion engine and hydronic heating appliance
exhaust terminations

Odd…as my oasis exhaust comes out on the patio side… Not under the bunks.

Wherever it's located will be a nuisance. Up front by generator is best option, but hard to route. Newmar did this on dutchstar for a model year, but n had too man issues with clearance.

The genturi will work, you just need to modify the outlet to extend. I made an adapter to extend it out. This is the best solution.

At times, the oasis comes up for seemingly no reason as there are no appliances calling for water but I assume it’s coming on for some valid reason I don’t know about, but this can happen at night while the kids are sleeping.
It comes on when the temperature of the heat exchange fluid drops to a preset level. Is there a reason why you can’t simply turn the burner off and let the two electrical elements carry the load overnight? We rarely leave the burner on at night.

TJ

It comes on when the temperature of the heat exchange fluid drops to a preset level. Is there a reason why you can’t simply turn the burner off and let the two electrical elements carry the load overnight? We rarely leave the burner on at night.

TJ
Good point. Only time I keep burner on over night is when Temps are below 30f

TJ
Mostly I am forgetful and it’s the worst to be in the shower unable to get the water hot enough, only to realize the burner is off.

But even if I took that approach, it doesn’t solve the issue of fumes entering the unit from an open bunk window if I decide to take a shower.

So am I to accept that the bunks windows are unusable if we want to take a shower, wash dishes, do some laundry?

venting it to the patio side seems a safer option than the current situation, even if it is still not good enough imho.

Wherever it's located will be a nuisance. Up front by generator is best option, but hard to route. Newmar did this on dutchstar for a model year, but n had too man issues with clearance.

The genturi will work, you just need to modify the outlet to extend. I made an adapter to extend it out. This is the best solution.
If they’d put the oasis where the chassis batteries are, it wouldn’t have been but you’re right. Given the oasis location and it’s limitations on exhaust routing, there are no great options. I am looking for safer options.

trying to figure how I would mount a gen-turi to the FWS…

If you want a simpler solution that's temporary I saw people use dryer duct at the Balloon Fiesta for GEN's.

Latest resources

Back