Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bobnjill410

RVF Regular
Interested in hearing what others think about the possibility and/or advantages to upgrading to the sanicon waste removal system. We purchased our Dutch Star used and it did not have the sanicon system installed at new. We were thinking of upgrading (?) our coach with this system. Looking for comments both negative and positive to this possible mod. I have not received an official quote for this but from all my research, it will be near $1k cost. What ya think?
BobnJill.
(presently in South Carolina)

I added it to my Ventana by myself as Thetford recommended the Turbo 400S which is a bayonet (twist on) mount. You just have to do the electrical. I do like it as it's always setup and you just pull out the hose and put the nozzle in the ground and you're done. I took mine quite a bit farther by drilling another hole in the wet bay as the hose path can be a problem to solve and I also integrated mine into my Drainmaster electric gate valves (which I love) so I can dump from within the coach including turning sani-con on/off.

As to sani-con vs. stinky slinky in the basic form - the pro's are you can dump uphill and a handful of times I've had that scenario. I got it because I wanted to see what it was about. Stinky slinky is just fine but it's a little more in the setting up and stowing area. I don't have to deal with the 90 degree elbow on the coach side and mess with hose connections as again mine is always setup and stows easily in the wet bay snaking the flexible hose back and forth.

Pro's:
  • Always setup
  • Pump uphill / long distance
  • Cleaner overall operation
  • No storage issues
Con's
  • Some installation challenges
  • Hose is prone to leaks so you'll want to install a hose protector shroud on it
  • Expensive

Neil is spot on with his review and comparison. We considered it but not a self-install. In the end we decided there just wasn't enough benefit to justify the expense. With 2 macerating toilets our system works well with the slinky.

I'm in the same camp as FL-JOE.

Looking online the Sanicon hardware is about $400.00 then there is the install and wiring. So it's very expensive and as been said the macerating toilets work very well. If you're doing this you might as well put in electric gate valves.

We bought the Valterra Dominator system several years ago and it's been excellent. I have less than $100.00 in it. Going out once or twice a week to dump isn't an issue for me.

We have factory-installed Turbo 700 SaniCon in our 2018 MADP. It is the best thing since sliced bread! Personally, I think if you ever use a SaniCon, you will never go back to the "stinky slinky."

TJ

I considered installing it on our 2017 but decided against it with the pump orientation issues people were having. I have the Turbo 700 installation on our 2020 and much improved install, I am glad I have it now.

Gizmo, Thank you for sharing this system. Another system to consider. Not sure I see as many advantages over the stinky slinky. But for sure it is a whole lot less expensive. We already have (2) macerating toilets. Again Thanks for sharing another option.

According to the video you add up to 100 feet of hose and you can pump to 3 feet higher than the black tank. That would work for home and getting to the sewer cleanout which is about 30 feet and about a foot higher than the black tank dump. I have a 10-foot stinky slinky that long enough 90 percent of the time but I do have two 10 foot extension for that other 10 percent.

Latest resources

Back