• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Score one more for Freightliner

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I think it's a smart move for Tiffin. Making smart decisions will yield them success and a new beginning. Kudos to them.

2025 London Aire standard on FL
2025 Entegra CS now available on FL
2025 Tiffin on FL
This has to be a large shift in the luxury motor coach chassis world. I have to wonder how this will effect Spartan in the future, do they lower prices to try and compete or continue to raise prices and become more exclusive? Should be interesting to watch

I think it's a smart move for Tiffin. Making smart decisions will yield them success and a new beginning. Kudos to them.
I agree instead of taking the time to manufacture their own chassis, they can focus on the house, customers benefit with a much larger service provider network. Win Win!

More then any one brand of motorhome, this represents a paradigm shift in the luxury RV industry, last year SP produced 500 units to FL’s close to 3,000units and this was prior to the above manufactures now offering FL chassis as standard or optional where prior FL was unavailable.

Freightliner is now a part of Daimler Truck subsidiary Daimler Truck North America (along with Western Star, Detroit Diesel, and Thomas Built Buses). This implies potentially deep R&D capabilities and economy of scale.

Spartan RV is part of the Shyft Group. There does not appear to be any other RV related businesses under the Shyft umbrella except for the Red Diamond run flat tire accessory.

Spartan Fire Apparatus is part of the REV Group. RV side of REV business is American Coach, Fleetwood, Holiday Rambler, Lance, and Renegade. No chassis manufacturing capabilities.

Appears to me that Spartan is facing some significant headwinds to maintain a competitive effort or even advantage to Frieghtliner Custom Chassis.

The gas Class A chassis market is exclusive to Ford. Are we facing a future where the Class A diesel pusher chassis market will be exclusive to Freightliner Custom Chassis? (I'm excluding Prevost and Newell of course)

Freightliner is now a part of Daimler Truck subsidiary Daimler Truck North America (along with Western Star, Detroit Diesel, and Thomas Built Buses). This implies potentially deep R&D capabilities and economy of scale.

Spartan RV is part of the Shyft Group. There does not appear to be any other RV related businesses under the Shyft umbrella except for the Red Diamond run flat tire accessory.

Spartan Fire Apparatus is part of the REV Group. RV side of REV business is American Coach, Fleetwood, Holiday Rambler, Lance, and Renegade. No chassis manufacturing capabilities.

Appears to me that Spartan is facing some significant headwinds to maintain a competitive effort or even advantage to Frieghtliner Custom Chassis.

The gas Class A chassis market is exclusive to Ford. Are we facing a future where the Class A diesel pusher chassis market will be exclusive to Freightliner Custom Chassis? (I'm excluding Prevost and Newell of course)
This is very true, I can remember when the Chevy Workhorse and Dodge chassis were very competitive in the Class A gas motorhome segment.

This is very true, I can remember when the Chevy Workhorse and Dodge chassis were very competitive in the Class A gas motorhome segment.
Let's not forget that Oshkosh and John Deere had some short lived gas RV chassis a long time ago! There was also a gas pusher that, if memory serves me, Oshkosh marketed. I also believe that Workhorse marketed a gas pusher (called the UFO?)

Latest resources

Back