Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
2018 Bay Star … anyone know what these attach to? All coming loose, all seem to be broken. Tried to match but can’t get them to grip.

Thanks in advance.

Bill
image.jpg

If there is anything behind there, you can use the toothpick and wood glue trick. The screwing action looks deep within. And replace those self drilling screws with wood screws. Self drilling seem to always eventually widen the hole and eventually lose grip.

It’s hard to get my hand behind there, so honestly I’m not sure. I have wood screws and I see metal shavings when trying to screw the new screws. It makes me wonder if it screws into the metal ceiling rafter. I have 5 out of 6 loose and the 4 I’ve pulled are all broke. I didn’t think screwing into a metal rafter would do that.

I think it's just holding that panel up. Just tighten it and fahgettaboutit.

Neal,

If it were only that easy! They just drop about halfway out like the picture shows. I wouldn’t care because the rear screws are secure but all the residual sawdust and debris is starting to fall out because the bulb seal between the front cabinets and the windshield isn’t tight. What a mess still after seven years 😳

Take one out see how long it is. Get a wood screw, same length, maybe slightly thicker and screw it in. I should hold.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back