Fourwinds
RV Model
Chateau
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
07 Jeep
Fulltimer
No
I use a Dicor self leveling sealant for the roof. Is the same product ok for the side of the RV?

No. Self leveling will run. Contact the manufacturer and ask what they use.

Resealing the corner joints where I noticed some of the old caulking seems loose. Since I've had the RV for about 4 years now and have never resealed the sides I figure a good going over was needed. Want to use a good product. My local RV repair/sales (Florida RVs 2060 US Hwy 441 S, Dublin Ga.) uses and recommends Geocels Proflex RV Flexible Sealant.

butyl tape is great if you are removing and re-seating. Personally I don't add sealant around corners and windows, doors and such. If I wonder about the seam I take it apart and re-seal with butyl tape or silicone sealer.

Oh, my newbieness is showing :)
When I saw a loose bead of sealant, pulled on it and about a foot pulled off it was time to reapply. Sounds like I should do some research.

There are several products available for RV owners to repair leaks and extend the life of their roof. We have an older RV with a rubber roof that was starting to leak in some damaged areas. Resealed with rubex caulk around the AC and vents and recoated it myself two years ago with easy to use products I found online that are specifically for RVs and it has been good since. Still have some product left. It’s RV roof magic. The one coat process was a big benefit to me. Their website has tips for recoating and videos to show you how.

I've had my used rv since may. I resealed the roof and rear. It's a 2014 and I'm not sure when it was done last. Planning on doing the sides and front. Should I scrape and reseal everything or just what looks bad? It is very time consuming.

Lexel is another product for around items on the side wall. To do a nice job, use tape. Unless you are very good with a caulking gun. Basically the same as Proflex. Google how to clean up and apply Polyurethane sealants for tips to keep it neat.

Latest resources

Back