Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dorna

RVF Newbee
We are looking to take our trailer from Port Orchard (near Seattle) to Mt. Rushmore. We are not in a rush and would like to leave around September 9th. Any thoughts on a good route, what to see and where to stay? We prefer full hookups.
Thanks!

Welcome to RVForums @Dorna. Hope those that travel that area can help you out. Welcome to the site.

Welcome to RVF, @Dorna; glad to have you join us.

I-90 is the most direct route, but you can side-trip off of it quite easily. It just depends on how much time you have and/or want to spend on side trips. The Lake Coeur d' Alene area is pretty and might be worth a day or two.

Coeur d'Alene Idaho RV Park - Blackwell Island RV Park - RV Camping

I would be remiss if I didn't recommend the Flathead Lake area because we live there part of the year. The National Bison Range is in that area and is quite interesting. And, of course, Glacier National Park is spectacular. There's a KOA at the south end of Flathead Lake (Polson KOA) and one near the entrance to Glacier NP (West Glacier KOA). These are popular destinations, so make reservations early.

Yellowstone is a bit more of a side trip, but doable, as is Cody, WY (fabulous museum complex there). Other areas are the Custer Battlefield, Devil's Tower National Monument, etc. These are probably just 1-2-day stays.

Good luck on your adventure.

TJ

Straight is the narrow path. How much time, what excites you? I would say LoLo Pass would be a must see, but I like traveling the road less traveled. I also like a little history along the way. would rather learn than visit manufactured points of interest. Spend some time with the app fieldtrips and see what you can enjoy. motorcycle roads .com will tickle your desire for beautiful scenery. Remember that the "I" system of roads is like putting blinders on the horse.

Latest resources

Back