Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bennyrizzo

RVF Newbee
2022 Crusader Prime Time 382MBH. My control panel has a switch to read the levels of black tank 1, and black tank 2. I know they use the same panels for all the models, and that black tank 2 is only for models with a second toilet. But if I flip the switch to read the levels of the second tank (the one thats not supposed to be there), it has been slowly filling ove the past 6 weeks. I'm confused because I only have one black tank. We sometimes get persistant sewage smells for no reason too.
Is the level indicator just showing me random levels because it's not hooked to anything? or am I just crazy?

How sure are you that the level reading you're getting isn't actually the black tank you have?
I'm thinking that there's specific locations where the tank(s) are mounted during assembly, and yours happens to be in the #2 spot, with the #2 wiring hooked to it.

Just me guessing.....Roger

How sure are you that the level reading you're getting isn't actually the black tank you have?
I'm thinking that there's specific locations where the tank(s) are mounted during assembly, and yours happens to be in the #2 spot, with the #2 wiring hooked to it.

Just me guessing.....Roger
ill double check that today, thats a good idea.

How sure are you that the level reading you're getting isn't actually the black tank you have? I'm thinking that there's specific locations where the tank(s) are mounted during assembly, and yours happens to be in the #2 spot, with the #2 wiring hooked to it. Just me guessing.....Roger
How sure are you that the level reading you're getting isn't actually the black tank you have? I'm thinking that there's specific locations where the tank(s) are mounted during assembly, and yours happens to be in the #2 spot, with the #2 wiring hooked to it. Just me guessing.....Roger

so it's not hooked up to the wrong tank. tank 1 is the black tank we're using, it slowly fills and empties when I drain it. #2 black tank is just full. I don't know, I'm guessing that it's just reading as full because nothings hooked up to it, but that doesnt explin how it slowly filled over our trip, I don't know at this point.

Hmmmm. To recap.....you're getting a full reading from a tank that doesn't exist. This full indication slowly crept up from empty, over a few weeks, (I assume).
There's no chance of water or sewage damage from a "full", non-existant black tank, but the reading is the bothersome part.

Might the sensor wiring be there, for the second tank, but not hooked to anything, and might that sensor wiring have gotten wet, or have some mud on it?

Again, I'm guessing, but there really should be some logical explanation for the false reading.

Maybe try looking at the back of your monitor panel to see if there's any second tank wiring in place?

Roger

Hmmmm. To recap.....you're getting a full reading from a tank that doesn't exist. This full indication slowly crept up from empty, over a few weeks, (I assume).
There's no chance of water or sewage damage from a "full", non-existant black tank, but the reading is the bothersome part.

Might the sensor wiring be there, for the second tank, but not hooked to anything, and might that sensor wiring have gotten wet, or have some mud on it?

Again, I'm guessing, but there really should be some logical explanation for the false reading.

Maybe try looking at the back of your monitor panel to see if there's any second tank wiring in place?

Roger
The recap is correct, there have been an incredible number of issues/failures with this trailer, the dealership is going to do a front to-back overhaul, I'll ask them to address it and update when we figure out.

Latest resources

Back