Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CamelWalker

RVF Regular
Greetings. First-time RV owner here seeking advice.

I have a 1998 Fleetwood Southwind Storm Class A motor home. The roof has a lot of scrapes and nicks in it from driving past tree branches and the like. In these areas, the black rubber is exposed. In the past, I've touched up these spots with Henry's Tropi-Cool silicone sealant. I'm traveling through Mexico at present, and my options for materials could be limited. I tried some acrylic roof sealant, but it didn't cure properly, either because of the humidity or because it just wasn't the right product.

I'm seeking advice on what material specifications I need to properly water-proof this roof. I'd be most grateful for some advice, on the material I need firstly, but also on the proper procedure for prepping the roof and completing the job.

Blessings,
CW

I suggest Henry Tropi-Cool. You can get it in white, tan, or grey. For surface prep all you would need to do is wash the roof. You can get a 5 gallon pail and roll it on. I put two coats on a couple of trailers last year (one of them mine) and so far so good.

I suggest Henry Tropi-Cool. You can get it in white, tan, or grey. For surface prep all you would need to do is wash the roof. You can get a 5 gallon pail and roll it on. I put two coats on a couple of trailers last year (one of them mine) and so far so good.
Hey, Gronk.

Thank you kindly for your reply. Yes, this product worked well for me in the past. Now I just need to locate it here.

Latest resources

Back