Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

ShawnaB

RVF Regular
I just purchased my first RV, an Alpha Wolf 23RD-L. Can anyone tell me if it's normal for the floor in the shower to feel as though it's not very supported by the drain area?

Couldn’t say for sure but it doesn’t sound normal. Any vents or access panels that might allow you to see underneath?

I did that in my last MH. Considering doing the same in this one.

I just purchased my first RV, an Alpha Wolf 23RD-L. Can anyone tell me if it's normal for the floor in the shower to feel as though it's not very supported by the drain area?
Actually that is pretty much normal on a lot of smaller RVs from what I understand. It has a lot to do with the quality or lack thereof...........

Very normal. In fact, they say to never stand in that area……lol

Reinforcing these areas are common.

I have a Coleman lantern and it's like a spongy floor, heard 3 cracks. I'm annoyed as well.

Just curious, is there any way to shoot expanding foam or something similar under there?

spray foam will break down and leave you a mess. I can tell you that.
there might be some industrial stuff that might hold up but I doubt you’ll find it in Home Depot

if you can gain access figure out the angle of the floor and cut some 2x6 boards just a little short in height and if you can still work them in in the soft areas a thick bead of silicone will hold them and worse case scenario you can cut them out later with windshield removal wire

i own a1977 mobile home that the shower floor felt like it was going to fall through I did that to it about 6 years ago it’s a rental with a large family in it and it’s still solid and has not developed cracks but I put a half dozen boards under it.

Do not use expanding foam. Even the good two part one is impossible to control the expansion. It may lift the shower pan in ways that can make it unusable. If it does, there is no way of getting it out, but cutting an chipping at it. As LSG said, it could be a huge mess.
Been there, did it on my boat ??.
My shower pan flexes too, but I can not motivate myself to fix it.

Latest resources

Back