Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MsMartha

RVF Newbee
The voice feature on the slide out controller for our 2002 Newmar Mountain Aire has just stopped working. The actual slide works fine, but the voice doesn't give the warning (causing "someone" to run into the driver's seat with the slide and damage it). Any idea where to find one of these modules to replace it? The part number is Intellitec 00-00737-000. Thanks for any help!

Looks like they are now “obsolete” and no longer available through regular channels. Have you tried eBay?

TJ

Did you try contacting Newmar parts? Also, Intellitec may have some old stock, reach out to them?

Looks like they are now “obsolete” and no longer available through regular channels. Have you tried eBay?

TJ
Thanks for your reply. Yes, keeping an eye out on eBay. The "replacement" for our controller doesn't have voice. Since the voice is the only thing that doesn't work, it wouldn't make sense to replace it with that.

-M

Both good suggestions!

TJ
Did you try contacting Newmar parts? Also, Intellitec may have some old stock, reach out to them?
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've been in touch with my contact at Newmar. They only have the newer version of the controller, which doesn't have voice. The only thing that doesn't work on ours is the voice, so there's no point in replacing it with that. I have sent an email to Intellitec and am waiting to hear back from them. We did find one online at "R&K Products," but right off the bat it says it needs repair so that's a non-starter.

I have sent an email to Intellitec and am waiting to hear back from them.
My suggestion is to call them on the phone and talk to someone. E-mails are too easy to overlook; something they can’t do when you are on the phone in real time.

TJ

Mark at Intellitec is a good, smart guy. Been there for a long time.

My suggestion is to call them on the phone and talk to someone. E-mails are too easy to overlook; something they can’t do when you are on the phone in real time.

TJ
I did receive a response from the Material Planning Manager at Intellitec, and she advised me that they do not have these available. She pointed me to the same place that has one that needs to be repaired.
HOWEVER - GOOD NEWS! We reinitialized the controller (disconnected from the board and then re-connected), and the voice came back! Problem solved!
Thank you everybody for your efforts to assist.
Martha

HOWEVER - GOOD NEWS! We reinitialized the controller (disconnected from the board and then re-connected), and the voice came back! Problem solved!
Ah yes, the old reboot trick. We forgot to mention that but removing power for a minute or two and reconnecting will frequently reboot a system and bring things back to normal. Hope it was just one-time glitch.

TJ

Latest resources

Back