Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Slide out leaks while traveling in the rain with the slide out closed. 2019 Leprechaun 319mb.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

suzgreengarden

RVF Newbee
Water comes on to the floor when we are traveling in the rain. The slide out is closed. I put beach towels on the floor by the dinette and the two recliners and they were soaked with water after one hour of driving. We have had the seals on the slides redone numerous times.

So if you get on the roof with a hose (or on a ladder) and soak the roof while it's sitting there, do you notice any water coming in? If you spray water from the hose to the seam on the slide out when it's sitting there, do you notice any water coming in? Have one person outside doing the watering and another inside checking for leaks. My guess is that your slide out is still leaking water since you mentioned that the recliners are soaked. Also check or have a dealer check that the slide out is fully retracted (this can be adjusted). Hope this helps.

Thank you for your response. What gets soaked is the floor under the chairs and the dinette. The towels I placed there to contain the water got soaked. We will try the hose idea and see if we can determine where the water is coming in. Thanks!

Also check the underside of the slideand the seals on the bottomedges of the slides.

Latest resources

Back