Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Covid Captive

RVF Newbee
Simplest way to explain it, is slide out won't work normally. But seems to have power.
Steps I've done:
#1. Replaced old battery w/ new.
#2. Tested wires going to the 40amp short stop breaker as well as the 30amp short stop breaker. (Seems to be working fine 12v the whole way)
#4. I have connected a battery to the electric motor to the slide and it works (straight power).
#5. I have tested the wires going to the switch (wall) and going to the motor from the wall switch (all works). One way is -12.5v and +11.6v the other way.

#6. Never found a reset button for the slide out.

I reconnected everything back up, I can hear a slight click noise (not from the switch) when slide button is pressed but slide doesn't move.

Fyi. I am in the process of fixing one of the landing gears and the camper is not completely level. (don't feel like that would matter but maybe)

New to the rv world, be gentle ?

Seriously considering just running a wire to a fuse with a double pole rocker switch straight to the slide out motor, by passing any wiring inside the unit.

Camper is a 1997 Mallard 29 5e (fifth wheel)

What you may be hearing is a relay clicking in the controller. You would need to track down where it is by sound or what ever means you can.

What you may be hearing is a relay clicking in the controller. You would need to track down where it is by sound or what ever means you can.
Followed the noise and found a 14-1096 relay controller hidden in a spot that you could only get to with the slide in the out position, in a cabinet. Wires burnt and harness melted. Believe this is the problem. Thanks for the help

Did you crank the slide out by hand or did you have it out already? Here is a place to get a new relay board from: Power Gear Slide out control module #140-1130 Fleetwood
I was able the manually crank it out. Yeah I found the circuit board (cheaper else where) but those guys you mentioned want $16 to ship the harness (extortion) and can't find the harness any where else. And I need that as well the current harness has melted to the board. So may just have to bite the bullet on their shipping charges.

I was able the manually crank it out. Yeah I found the circuit board (cheaper else where) but those guys you mentioned want $16 to ship the harness (extortion) and can't find the harness any where else. And I need that as well the current harness has melted to the board. So may just have to bite the bullet on their shipping charges.
That sucks about mfg'r only parts. They call all the shots. Hopefully the new board will fix what ever made the harness melt.

Did you crank the slide out by hand or did you have it out already? Here is a place to get a new relay board from: Power Gear Slide out control module #140-1130 Fleetwood
Hi gronk, I have the same problem but my board functions my other slide properly and when it’s connected to the rear slide nothing happens but if I disconnect the wires I get 12v as it should. I applied 12v from my power probe and the slide functions, I’m stumped
Thanks for any advice, mark

Hi gronk, I have the same problem but my board functions my other slide properly and when it’s connected to the rear slide nothing happens but if I disconnect the wires I get 12v as it should. I applied 12v from my power probe and the slide functions, I’m stumped
Thanks for any advice, mark
So, you are saying that you get power out of the controller with the wires disconnected, and not when they are connected? What happens when you use the switch? You *may* have a bit of corrosion in that circuit that limits the amount of power available.

So, you are saying that you get power out of the controller with the wires disconnected, and not when they are connected? What happens when you use the switch? You *may* have a bit of corrosion in that circuit that limits the amount of power available.
Yea it’s wierd, if it’s disconnected I get power from the board at the motor wire but when I connect them nothing, I need to meter the wires but it operated the other side no problem so I’m thinking what you said at first the motor may be shorting it out

If a circuit has a short it should blow the fuse. If you have power after trying the slide out you don't have a short in the circuit. Check the voltage at the supply side of the controller to see if the voltage stays consistent when you activate the slide out. If it stays the same then I would suspect the controller is failing and if it drops then start checking upstream of the controller for a poor connection.

Latest resources

Back