Tiffin
RV Model
Red 33 AA
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2015 CRV
Fulltimer
No
I have an Allegro Red 33AA and some of the slides are opening up about an inch after being closed for a while. Does anyone know why this is happening? Or, how do I prevent it?
Thanks for your help.

Cylinders are probably ok. Make sure the release valve that can be used to manually move them is closed tight. You could have some air in the lines, cycling should clear the air though. That leaves the solenoid valves that might not be closing fully and or they need to be replaced. With the slide out hydraulic unit, any hydraulic repair shop should be able to diagnose. If you can investigate yourself you can save some money. Basic hydraulics.
I have a 33aa on order so this info is just what I have read and learned from working on hydraulics.

Cylinders are probably ok. Make sure the release valve that can be used to manually move them is closed tight. You could have some air in the lines, cycling should clear the air though. That leaves the solenoid valves that might not be closing fully and or they need to be replaced. With the slide out hydraulic unit, any hydraulic repair shop should be able to diagnose. If you can investigate yourself you can save some money. Basic hydraulics.
I have a 33aa on order so this info is just what I have read and learned from working on hydraulics.
Thanks Ron. When I wrote my questions we were traveling cross country. Since then we have left the RV in CA for the winter and we are back on the east coast. I will have to do more reading before next spring when we go back to get it.

Latest resources

Back