• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Skyhummer

RVF Regular
2016 Dutch Star 4018
Bedroom slide will not extend..where is the control box located for this slide and/or circuit breaker/fuse. It appears to not have any power ( I switched the in/out rocker switch with one of the other slides and no joy)

My 17 Newmar was a 4369 so I'm not totally familiar with your unit. Have you unplugged from shore power and then switched the salesman switch off? I would at least try that. Switch off the salesman switch for about 30 seconds then turn it back on.

Other than that you can get to most of your breakers fuses in probably the first lower compartment on the driver's side. Everything should be marked.

Thank you FL-JOE
What is the “salesman switch”
Unfortunately the fuses in compartment below driver side isn’t marked

It is the switch just inside your door that shuts down all 12v. Should be lit up. It will literally shut down your house batteries and everything else as long as you are unplugged also. Might reset a breaker if you are lucky.

Good luck. Hope Neil and some others will be crawling out of bed soon and maybe chime in. I'm heading out for an early morning ride (against my better judgement due to it only being 68 degrees!)

We've a nuumber issues with the slides on our Ventana. On one occasion when one of the big slides wouldn't move, I called Newmar 24x7 Customer Support, and was instructed to turn off the saleman switch and leave it off for at least 30 seconds to drain the controller. I did this (switch was off for at least a minute) and the slide functioned properly. Had another occurence off a slide not moving, followed the same process and again issue was resolved.

My slide controllers are located, 2 on each side, of the pass thru bay. On the passenger side, the controllers on the frame rail. On the driver side, the controllers are on the compartment wall. Controller location most likely varies by model.

Safe Travels.

The bedroom slide controller should be in the bay forward of your pegboard, on the back on the chassis rail, aft side of the coach towards the wall. As mentioned above, turn off your 12V power for 30 seconds or more using the switch by your entry door. If nothing works then I'd call Newmar as you're supposed to have 24/7 service with someone on call but I am not confident in that service. There are no fuses I believe as I think the slides are on self resetting breakers but you'll have to check your setup. The fuse diagram is on the back side of the plastic protective cover behind the shore power cord reel.

Thank you to Neal & JRW-NAW..will take look today ..heading to Hilton Head Monday so have some time to figure it out

Latest resources

Back