Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

nomadicgranny

RVF Regular
Hi guys! I just purchased a 2022 Bay Star Sport and the slideout went out correctly but after a few days I tried bringing it back in. It comes in and looks to be flush outside but the wheels are off the floor which is leaving a gap between the floor and the carpet on the slide. This is my first motorhome and I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I didn't notice the gap when I picked it up and the slide was in. Suggestions???

Congrats and welcome @nomadicgranny. I'll defer to other owners that have the same coach but my Ventana does that and it's normal for mine.

Congrats and welcome @nomadicgranny. I'll defer to other owners that have the same coach but my Ventana does that and it's normal for mine.
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing the USA! I'm pretty sure the carpet was flush with the floor when I picked it up and the slide was in. Trying to get ahold of the dealer that sold it to me but thought I'd try here while I wait for them to call me back.

Don't be afraid to call Newmar for any questions you have. They are probably a better one to ask. Their number should be on a decal on the driver's window or on the back of a cabinet door.

My last big motor home was like that. The last few inches of the slide in had a slight ramp up allowing the bottom to seat first (very minor). This lets the weight of the slide room lever down from the top making a tight seal when closed. Check the outside with slide in to see if top and bottom are equally flush, then you are good to go. At least that’s how mine worked. Nice coach enjoy it.

My last big motor home was like that. The last few inches of the slide in had a slight ramp up allowing the bottom to seat first (very minor). This lets the weight of the slide room lever down from the top making a tight seal when closed. Check the outside with slide in to see if top and bottom are equally flush, then you are good to go. At least that’s how mine worked. Nice coach enjoy it.
Tks

Also by design, you don’t want the weight of the slide setting on the rollers bouncing down the highway. It is probably resting on some nylon shims.

Latest resources

Back