Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Pinnacles

RVF Newbee
Good day all. I am looking for advice on the problems with my slides. They are rack and pinion slides. When extending or retracting the slides I have to cycle the switch several times to fully extend or retract the three slides. When activated the slide moves a couple inches then I have to cycle switch again to get the slide to move another couple inches. The trailer is plugged in at all times as we have it parked on our vacation property. Thanks for the advice and have a great day.

Sounds like maybe you need to lube the slide mechanism? Mine get sluggish and I spray some silicone lube that dries on the tubes where they are shiny. Crawl under the slides when extended and look at the channels the racks are on. You will see what I mean by the shiny places.

I figured it out. The battery was only supplying 9.2 volts although my converter was trying to charge the batteries with 13.56 volts. I believe the converter is to small to supply enough power to the slides. Thanks

I figured it out. The battery was only supplying 9.2 volts although my converter was trying to charge the batteries with 13.56 volts. I believe the converter is to small to supply enough power to the slides. Thanks
bad cell in the battery. each cell is 2 volts 9.2 one bad cell, the converter will never keep up no matter what size the converter is.

Latest resources

Back