Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
Still in Frostproof FL, should be migrating north around the first week of April. Thinking of staying in the coastal area of Alabama through most of April this year then inching further north.
IMG_7775(Edited).jpg

Beautiful rig

Thanks!

I assume this beautiful rig has 2 sewer outlets? From the back, can you tell me where they are? For instance, the one closest to the back will probably be 15' from the back and the next one 12' from that. Am I close?

TIA

I assume this beautiful rig has 2 sewer outlets? From the back, can you tell me where they are? For instance, the one closest to the back will probably be 15' from the back and the next one 12' from that. Am I close?

TIA
Pretty close estimate! My buddy had an older toy hauler with the 1/2 bath in the garage. He also had two sewer outlets. He explained that the 1/2 bath black, the 1/2 bath sink, plus the washer all comes from that discharge. He speculated the kitchen sink might drain there also. Of course based on what he said, plus what the dealer told me, I purchased the sewer "Y" valve because I figured I would need to keep both front and rear discharges hooked up while in one spot for extended periods of time.

WRONG. Apparently Heartland recently changed their thinking on the plumbing. While it is true the main bathroom dumps into the front gray and the main toilet dumps into the front black, plus the kitchen, 1/2 bath, and washer all dump into the rear gray, with only the 1/2 bath toilet using the back black, everything except the rear black tank uses the front sewer discharge.

So while camped for extended periods you would really never use a "Y" sewer valve on the ground. You would only hook up to the rear sewer discharge when you need to dump the rear black tank and flush it.

Lol......we are getting more steps in due to where I have to park when we go places. Having a 4 door, plus the 8' bed, along with being a dually usually the only option is across 4 spaces 100 or 150 yards out in the parking lots. But the trade off is worth it when I back under that heavy toy hauler and the "beast" barely knows it is back there!

@FL-JOE I am at Thousand Trails Orlando and there is someone with the exact same rig here 'cept I think the truck is black.

We are noticing more and more Cyclone models and less and less Newmar Ventana models (funny how that works when you switch over).

Latest resources

Back