• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

FPrice

RVF Regular
Fulltimer
No
Okay, I'm brand new to the RV world, and it probably shows.

What I am looking for, what is the smallest RV (or class of RV) which would support two people for up to a week or two with regular logistical stops. Not for hard-core RVing, but for travel. Maybe for

I can further amplify with specific questions or suggestions.

Just be gentle, I'm new at this. ;)

Welcome from Wisconsin. Start looking around. Go to a couple of local campgrounds and talk to people and tell them what you want to do. I am sure some will show you their rig.

Orrin, thanks for the suggestion.

Just after I posted the above I did some more internet searching and found a site which broke down the various RV classes:

I think what I am looking for would be a Class B or C. Minimum accommodations would be sleeping for two, toilet, cooking (very light, no five-course meals), and a small table. Also some secure storage.

This might lead to something or it may be just dust in the wind. Who knows.

The answer is going to be all over the place. My opinion is more about quality. Better quality means less stress as things fail. In turn more enjoyable trip with less trials to negotiate.

I am fond of the Tab for this reason. Small, easy to tow, fairly well done, and adequate for short duration.

Next would be a class C. The convenience of a motorhome is lost in my book with the need of a towed to negotiate the way to many unique sites. Where a tow vehicle can take care of that need if your home is a trailer.

Kevin,

I have to agree with you on the quality aspect. Want/need something which will be reliable and last.

Not sure about the Tab, would prefer a truck mounted unit, perhaps for perceived comfort rather than actual.

You mean a truck camper (slide in)? If that is what you mean, you got to small a truck if you don't have a one ton. "B" may work but it would not for me.

I've pretty much determined that if I do go with a slide in I'd be looking at getting a Dodge Ram 3500.

But now I'm getting into "better win the lottery" territory.

$$$

Ever spent a solid week with someone in the rain in a camper? Can't go outside. Trust me, you'll want the largest one you can afford so you can spread out a little and not be so "close" after a few days. :LOL:

I may not have made myself clear in my first post.

The longest trip I would most likely be making is to move from one state to another. Think Massachusetts to Texas. The next would be taking trips to events where we might stay for a day or three, possibly camp on site, and participate in very localized events.

I am NOT looking at using it for long, RV-style trips that may take weeks.

Also, I may or may not have a partner. Things are looking against that.

Ever spent a solid week with someone in the rain in a camper? Can't go outside. Trust me, you'll want the largest one you can afford so you can spread out a little and not be so "close" after a few days. :LOL:
Too much togetherness makes an awning seem like a cheap investment.:)

Latest resources

Back