Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RandyandDiana

RVF Newbee
We have been trailering since 2015 and in Late May of 2023, we hope to travel to Calgary and Banff and then explore Alaska. We have been reading through Milepost and the highlights look Amazing. We are New to rv forums. How do we find information about trips of those who have already visited where we are planning to go? Thanks- Randy

Welcome to the forum. We went to Alaska in 2019 and I reported on our travels on another forum. Planning on crossing the border on May 27th this year, I will post about the trip so others can follow.

We have been trailering since 2015 and in Late May of 2023, we hope to travel to Calgary and Banff and then explore Alaska. We have been reading through Milepost and the highlights look Amazing. We are New to rv forums. How do we find information about trips of those who have already visited where we are planning to go? Thanks- Randy
Greetings Randy and Diana;

I grew up in the Banff area. I can help a little. You will be visiting just as the peak season begins so I hope you will be able to visit your desired attractions. All of the Campgrounds within the National Park are RESERVE only. Parks Canada are just setting up their new reservation software. Here is a link to the information that will help you get a site. Parks Canada reservations If you plan on staying in the park I suggest you be quick when the service opens. They are gobbled up quickly.

Getting around the Banff area via a vehicle is nearly impossible. Here is a link that will help you plan your visits to the local attractions. Visiting Lake Louise and Moraine Lake Once you leave the Banff area and head towards Jasper life gets a little easier. If you are not able to book a site near the Banff townsite, just east of Banff is the town of Canmore. Canmore is a pretty town and is serviced by the ROAM shuttle service to Banff and areas. There are two serviced parks (power and water only) nearby to Canmore. Bow River Campground is a Provincial Park and is available only by reservation. The second, Wapiti, is a municipal park and is first come first served. Both of these are subject to traffic noise and Wapiti also is close to the main railroad line. Tunnel Mountain inside the park is nicer if you can get in. Lake Louise also has a serviced campground. Good luck!

Safe travels

Darrell

Here is the thread for our trip last year. Hope you’re still planning the trip for 2023

Latest resources

Back