RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40"
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
So picking up our new rv on Tuesday next week and already starting to think about upgrades. It’s a Newmar Ventana 4037 and is prepped for solar - whatever that means. Looking for advice on what steps we should be taking - mfgs., installers (we are on the Atlantic side of Florida), etc. We are an all electric coach and want to be able to boondoggle for 3-4 days. Also keep our batteries charged while in storage (if that’s possible. So all in all looking for advice on how to approach. Thanks in advance!

AGM or Flooded Lead Acid?

Solar Prep...usually two 6AWG wires from rooftop...(under decking, marked by steel plate) down to compartment bulkhead right behind house battery compartment. And a UTP cable from the storage bay to control center inside coach.

Would you be interested in installing yourself?

Yes, solar does an excellent job of maintaining your batteries in storage. When the sun rises...the Solar Charge Controller will wake up and enter the appropriate charge regimen, and the bi-directional relay allows the chassis to get a boost in addition to the house bank. You just have to have more solar capacity than applied loads while in storage. Easy to do if fridge isn’t running. Can be challenging if fridge is running.

Last edited:
Chugs I will be having someone do the work. If I told my wife I was going to attempt the install - her response would be are you crazy!!!!

I’m. Thinking about going in steps - start with enough to maintain batteries and maybe a dehumidifier. Then build from there. Not sure if that is a good strategy but that’s my though right now.

If you had a dual solar prep...steps would be easy, you could put in some panels and a medium charge controller...then add a matching set and parallel a matching charge controller. With a single solar prep...at least choose a charge co troller you won't outgrow, and add panels as you wish.

I asked about battery type, because flooded lead acids only take so much amperage. A system like I have is perfect. AGMs can handle more...so you can expand...but would probably need more wiring from the roof added to make it happen.

Since you are going with a pro...you should sit down and discuss your plan with them. They will be able to design something to fit your vision.

So picking up our new rv on Tuesday next week and already starting to think about upgrades. It’s a Newmar Ventana 4037 and is prepped for solar - whatever that means. Looking for advice on what steps we should be taking - mfgs., installers (we are on the Atlantic side of Florida), etc. We are an all electric coach and want to be able to boondoggle for 3-4 days. Also keep our batteries charged while in storage (if that’s possible. So all in all looking for advice on how to approach. Thanks in advance!
You might get hold of the folks at Sunelec

Latest resources

Back