• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Solar installer

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
What is your project? There are several in Florida but some are more experienced in Trailers and Others Class A. I had a large project done on a Class A but would not recommend the installer. However, if you are doing a trailer they might be OK.

You might check Marvin's schedule RV Solar from Precision RV - Power your RV anywhere you go!

What is your project? There are several in Florida but some are more experienced in Trailers and Others Class A. I had a large project done on a Class A but would not recommend the installer. However, if you are doing a trailer they might be OK.

You might check Marvin's schedule RV Solar from Precision RV - Power your RV anywhere you go!
I’d like to put a 1.2kw system in a Winnebago Sightseer 36z. I current live in the Birmingham area but will be going full time in a few months. I was hoping to get a system installed before we hit the road.

I installed a similar system on a Newmar 40' CanyonStar. There are many considerations for each brand.
Some come pre wired for solar as mine did, some not.
When drilling holes be sure that you know for sure there is nothing it the way. This sounds obvious but we chased shorts due to an installer error for over a year. Newmar Service Center finally found it at the factory.

Solar installer cut a wire when drilling a whole for a wire during the install. Also, they ran a wire too close to the exhaust cat converter, melted the wire.

Just beware of who is doing what... and you'll be fine.

It is best to have someone familiar with the brand and how they are manufactured.

Latest resources

Back