Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

triciathomas1972

RVF Newbee
Hello all, New member and new to Class A RV’s. We have a 2022 Coachmen Mirada 315ks and it has a 100w Solar panel on top of the rig but no Solar panel controller. Do we need to purchase the controller in order for it to charge the house batteries?

A solar panel charge controller can be quite inexpensive at that power level and also provide an indication of your battery voltage. I'd have one if I were you - and do, for my 100 watts of solar power. It can also provide one or more five volt USB charging ports - quite convenient, if you ask me.

The risks are with overcharging your battery but this is unlikely at only a hundred watts of solar input. A periodic check of the battery voltage using a multimeter can manage these risks.

Rick

Hello all, New member and new to Class A RV’s. We have a 2022 Coachmen Mirada 315ks and it has a 100w Solar panel on top of the rig but no Solar panel controller. Do we need to purchase the controller in order for it to charge the house batteries?
I have a 2022 also just picked it up. I found the controller inside the large compartment by the door to gain access to RV. Mounted on the wall by hinges

Latest resources

Back