RV Model
Legacy
RV Length
16 LOA
TOW/TOAD
Ford F150 2.7
Fulltimer
No
I have a small, simple camper for off-grid only camping. It has a 100W solar panel on the roof and an 80W 'briefcase' portable back-up. These charge my system adequately and we have plenty of strong sun here. Our power usage is very small - just the fridge control panel, furnace fan when needed (not that much).

I just purchased a 100Ah AGM battery and have just installed it but not yet been camping. All seems to be working well and the read-outs from the Renogy controller seem to comply with what's going on...EXCEPT...the Ah reading - which shows at 1 or 2 Ah when the battery is FULL - 13.6V. Why does this new 100Ah battery, when full, show such a low reading for Ah - shouldn't it be 100? I have the battery type set correctly at AGM. Should I suspect the controller? Or am I just misunderstanding altogether?

I’m not familiar with that controller, but that might be the readout showing how much power has been put back into the battery.

Ah=amp hours delivered to the batteries from the controller, not battery capacity.

I’m not familiar with that controller, but that might be the readout showing how much power has been put back into the battery.
Thank you - I've installed an MPPT controller - much more expensive and requires cooling air-flow - but is the much more suitable long-term type of controller / battery information to have.

Happy travels

Latest resources

Back