RV Length
43 ft
Chassis
Roadmaster RR10S
Engine
Cummins 400 ISL
TOW/TOAD
2010 Ext. Cab Silverado 4x4
I envy all of you who travel solo. I'm so used to having my wife monitor the tpms screen and the rear camera (to make sure silverado is still back there) so I can keep my eyes on the road and the gauges I'm not sure I can do it. I'm also good at missing exits. She's also spotted idiots in small cars a few times whipping into the right lane to pass me after I've already seen the mirror as clear to move over.

How do you do it?

My TMPS is not in view, it's velcro'd to my dash low and right of the steering wheel. It is not something you need to watch as if there is an issue an alarm will sound per your set limits, it's happened to me (going from cold to hot weather) and I had no problem hearing it. I then check it for what the issue is.

Missing exits - yep, did it coming here to my current location, happens. Try to stay on top of the GPS and know what's coming, have a great GPS such as the Garmin 890/1090 - best one I've owned.

You'll be fine, just remember to report back how miserable you are and how terrible it is without her - daily!

My TMPS is not in view, it's velcro'd to my dash low and right of the steering wheel. It is not something you need to watch as if there is an issue an alarm will sound per your set limits, it's happened to me (going from cold to hot weather) and I had no problem hearing it. I then check it for what the issue is.

Missing exits - yep, did it coming here to my current location, happens. Try to stay on top of the GPS and know what's coming, have a great GPS such as the Garmin 890/1090 - best one I've owned.

You'll be fine, just remember to report back how miserable you are and how terrible it is without her - daily!
She's got a doctor's appt. Dec. 2, I'm ready to go now. Well will be ready as soon as I fix this multiplex light switch problem and change out my air filter.

Although she won't come right out and say it I think she wants to stay at her job up until the doctor's appt instead of leaving early and coming back.
Also there's the issue of Gunner, he gets anxiety when the 3 of us aren't together.
20211215_130018.jpg

This multiplex issue may ground me. I'm going down there and take the circuit board loose and check it, then put it all back together and power cycle everything again. If it doesn't come to life I'll have to send it to Ohio or Georgia and either have them fix it or buy a new one and have them program it. I don't have to have it but it's the most used one in the motorhome.

switch1.jpg

For your dog, try getting him some chamomile calming wafers (the one we use is 1 wafer per 10lb but we use one wafer for a 40lb dog). Our greyhound rescue likes them and it really helps with her separation anxiety without drugging her into a coma. Alternatively, you can just get a box of chamomile tea and sprinkle the dry leaves over wet food or brew up a cup of tea to add to wet or dry food (we use 4 oz water to 1 tea bag and let steep for 5 minutes or longer, then add to her "medicine" chicken nuggets/dry food mixture ). www.amazon.com/Nutri-Vet-Pet-Ease-Wafers-Dogs-Ounce/dp/B0015GMXYY/

I have been solo from the start. I can see the tpms monitor. I check it before I leave, at every stop (1.5 - 3 hrs.), and glanced every once in a while, while moving.

Unfortunately, depending on how hard traffic is pressing me from behind, I leave less space opportunity), after passing than I would like.. I just make sure I am going much faster than the vehicle that I passed, so I can quickly extend the space between us. The side cameras can help with the blind spot. I haven’t had the use of a rear view mirror in 17 years, so I am used to driving like a truck driver.

I highly recommend RV School. The cost is less than any damage you would sustain in an accident, and will give you the confidence to drive safely.

As far as missing exits is concerned. I double check, gps route with the AllStays Truck and iExit apps. But it happens. The tripck is to monitorthe subsequent exits to make sure there is an entrance ramp on the other side before you exit. You may have to go further than preferred to find a place large enoughto turn around, in some cases, otherwise. With no one to talk to (less distraction), perhaps, you will reduce the likelihood of missing an exit, butthings happen and you just stay calm and figure it out. Ask Neal.😂

Now there is the Jedi MH Master.

Looks like I got my multiplex problem solved. Guy on the Monacoers site does intellitec stuff and said he had a circuit board for me. Asked me to take pics of my intellitec modules so he could program it for me.
Air filter supposed to arrive tomorrow, I know that will be a wrestling match.

Latest resources

Back