Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
The other day I went to the market. It was an off time to avoid crowds. The lot as expected was almost empty.
Returning to my vehicle I found someone else had come to market. Not sure what they were thinking when they parked next to the only car in the lot.
090CA38D-C53A-4355-9599-13E17364A027.jpeg

Last edited:
Was this by any chance a WalMart?

Florida

Publix parking lot, with a series of strip mall stores. Yes it is Florida, but through out my life across the country I have found folks do the most unexpected things when parking. I try my best to protect the space around the drivers door for access.
Note that I have parked to the far fight in the space provided. This is due to habit as people like to leave carts in the lined spaces.

it seems that common courtesy, amongst drivers, has disappeared especially amongst the younger generation.

We thought Chicago driver's were rude until we became Florida residents. In our experience the Florida drivers under 40 years old are the worse at parking and driving.

I got nothing. Vapor lock. You parked where they normally park and they couldn't figure out a better solution. Unreal to see, had to be very aggravating to work around.

I think I might have left a note that started with Hey Nitwit.

I've always parked at the back even before I had a dually because I had vehicles that I was proud of and didn't want idiots to bang my doors.

Still yet they'll find you anyway.

When my daughter was in college 20 years ago her car went in for repair and they gave us a loaner. She couldn't drive it because she was under 25, so she had to drive my suv to college and I drove the loaner. I was a nervous wreck for 3 days.

it seems that common courtesy, amongst drivers, has disappeared especially amongst the younger generation.
“Common” anything seems much less common these days; common courtesy, common sense, etc. By the angle of the “parked” car, I’m wondering if a “wee dram of the spirits” might have been involved?

TJ

I cannot tell if the car on the right, properly within the lines, has a tag permitting it for the space. The car that is out of lines does have a tag in the windshield.

Could it be that the car on the right was not legally displaying a permit for the space, and the driver "out of bounds" was trying to make a statement?

If so, he did a half job--a true statement would have forced the driver to use the passenger side to enter the vehicle.

The window tint on the "properly in the lines" vehicle is so dark, I cannot tell if the permit is hanging or not.

Latest resources

Back