Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
It's been a busy few days and more ahead. I decided to depart a little earlier than planned on my long winter trip with destinations unknown as I cancelled everything and will figure it out as I go. Took a good 3 days to transfer to the RV from the house with two businesses making things a bit more complicated. As always, day 1 of a non fulltimer is far from fun. Figuring out where to put everything settling the "contents" in. My poor tires are screaming at me "what's going on up there" as I'm sure I'm around 130 tons now! Dometic cooler is max'd out with beer and wine, I may share! Multiple seasons of clothes compacted into closets, I don't know how more than one person can live in these things.

Day 1 had it's excitement first with a MCD shade falling off the window. A metal bracket broke, Newmar has several on the way to Austin, TX where I'll land soon. OASIS AC 2 is not working, AC 1 is showing a load but AC 2 is not. I spent today (day 2 of the trip) on the phone with ITR and troubleshooting. It looks like a bad relay but a good 3-4 hours of work was done and voltmeter testing, etc. etc. Not fun but I want it fixed. So thankful OASIS has a diesel burner.

Dog has been having a hard time adjusting which is odd as she was nearly born in a RV. Her first few months was in the RV but we've been at the house for several months and she's been going to camp (doggy daycare) 3X a week and loves it. She wouldn't do her business for a good 12 hours, very spooked about things but settling in.

Tire grommets will not stay in, constant issue, so I silicone'd them in today and hopefully they will hold.

Absolutely loving the new Garmin 890. Highly recommend it for those looking for a RV NAV/GPS.

Been hitting KOA's so far. With last minute planning the last thing I want to have to do is call a CG to make a reservation. Online reservations are a must for campground owners reading...

Okay, back to catching up...

Neal, have fun but be safe. We are headed that way early next year so lay out the bread crumbs and keep us posted on where to stay.

Latest resources

Back