Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450hp
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford F250 4X4
Fulltimer
No
Well crap, we were loading up about a week ago and I had put my new Starlink dishy on the table as I rolled up the cord. As I straightened out the cord I inadvertently pulled it off the table, it did a perfect transition to a dive and landed on the top right corner breaking it. I ran over and picked it up as I cussed myself and questioned my intellect.

In the end I packed everything and brought it home. I sent Starlink a support request 10 days ago asking a few $ questions trying to decide if I should try to repair or replace this with either the same dish or an in-motion style.

I'm going to follow-up again today with Starlink and see if I can get some answers. Has anyone figured out how to get them to respond?

Attachments

• 20230128_090131.jpg
    20230128_090131.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230128_090150.jpg
    20230128_090150.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230128_090207.jpg
    20230128_090207.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230128_090220.jpg
    20230128_090220.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to the club. I put white gorilla tape over mine to keep it sealed up and it works fine. SL wanted $500 for a new one, not needed and at some point a newer better model will come out and I'll consider it then. So if it works, put some tape on it and move on :)

I kept the box! I don't do that often so I'm glad I did. Bet you know how I will transport it now

Initial contact with Starlink was on January 28th received automated response on the 28th and nothing since then.
Does anyone have an idea how long it takes Starlink Support to respond?

I used the app to contact them and got a response soon thereafter, not sure if it was same day, next day or a week, but wasn't long or a concern.

I'll try the app, I used my desktop as I prefer to type on it.

In the end I'll probably do what you did and repair mine and upgrade as technology moves forward.

I tried the app and that worked, took just over 2 weeks to get a to bad but you'll need buy and entire kit because they don't sell the dish alone.

So I did what Neal suggested and used silicone sealer and a couple of days later Eternabond Tape. Belt and suspenders.

Tell me please! Did you act like a surgeon and count the pieces before sewing it up?

Just wondering if the internal workings could get locked up with spare pieces. :unsure:

Tell me please! Did you act like a surgeon and count the pieces before sewing it up?

Just wondering if the internal workings could get locked up with spare pieces. :unsure:
Ha Ha Yes, I did tip it and make sure it didn't make any noise. I've seen a couple of YouTube videos where a guy cuts his open to disable and remove the mast then mount it in a stationary position. I think the only moving part is in the mast to tilt and rotate.

I tested it here at the house after everything setup and it worked wonderfully.

I did seriously think about getting the large in-motion but, 1. cost and 2. the fact I would have to completely remove and redo the setup for my Parsec antenna just didn't make sense to me.

Latest resources

Back