Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450hp
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford F250 4X4
Fulltimer
No
We decided to order Starlink RV and try it out and in the few days we have had it we are very happy with it overall. We've been on the road for a couple of weeks and use a Pepwave router with a Verizon 30gb sim card for $12.00 (had it a long time) and a ATT prepay 50 gb for $50.00 just got it. It's interesting to see Verizon smoke ATT some places and ATT smoke Verizon others. I'm self-employed and need good internet access plus we are streaming more and more i.e. the Starlink.

We were traveling through Fort Worth where we live when it came so I stopped by to pick it up. We had spent thanksgiving in west Texas and needed to go to east Texas on business. We are in a KOA in Canton TX, if you'll look at the Starlink map Canton isn't a good place to be as far as throttling goes. I had watched a bunch or you tube videos on Starlink, especially RV so I was pretty comfortable with the setup. I put the dishy up by the front of the MH where it is unobstructed to the north sky. Ran the cable down the MH to a basement compartment with a 110 plug and plugged everything in, very simple. This is where the first major problem started.

Looked up Starlink on my WiFi and it wasn't there. Finnaly long story short is from support sometimes the use the name STINKY (wish they had told me that in the beginning), found Stinky and we were off to the races. Everything was very easy once we figured out the secret code word.

Speed test at first was very disappointing (remember RV is deprioritized) first one was less than 10mbps and it stayed that way all evening. We did decide to stream an Amazon Prime movie with absolutely no issues. Went to bed later and got up at about 4:00 AM to take the new puppy outside and decided to do a test, it was over 200mbps. Back to bed and it ran 100+ all day until the evening and once again slowed to less than 10mbps. I watched a bunch of youtube videos and then streamed another movie all with no issue.

Only real problem was it had an outage yesterday afternoon for about 15 minutes connection was fine but no internet. I switched my Pepewave to Verizon back in business. I checked my phone a couple of time and Starlink came back up. In 2 days of use I've used a little over 30gb of data from Starlink.

No final decision yet, but right now we're leaning to dropping the Att prepaid and Dish Network then picking up some streaming services.

Oh, BTW if you order it before 12/31/2022 the first month is free. They charge you for it then credit it back to you.

You can also get a full refund if returned within 30 days.

We decided to order Starlink RV and try it out and in the few days we have had it we are very happy with it overall. We've been on the road for a couple of weeks and use a Pepwave router with a Verizon 30gb sim card for $12.00 (had it a long time) and a ATT prepay 50 gb for $50.00 just got it. It's interesting to see Verizon smoke ATT some places and ATT smoke Verizon others. I'm self-employed and need good internet access plus we are streaming more and more i.e. the Starlink.

We were traveling through Fort Worth where we live when it came so I stopped by to pick it up. We had spent thanksgiving in west Texas and needed to go to east Texas on business. We are in a KOA in Canton TX, if you'll look at the Starlink map Canton isn't a good place to be as far as throttling goes. I had watched a bunch or you tube videos on Starlink, especially RV so I was pretty comfortable with the setup. I put the dishy up by the front of the MH where it is unobstructed to the north sky. Ran the cable down the MH to a basement compartment with a 110 plug and plugged everything in, very simple. This is where the first major problem started.

Looked up Starlink on my WiFi and it wasn't there. Finnaly long story short is from support sometimes the use the name STINKY (wish they had told me that in the beginning), found Stinky and we were off to the races. Everything was very easy once we figured out the secret code word.

Speed test at first was very disappointing (remember RV is deprioritized) first one was less than 10mbps and it stayed that way all evening. We did decide to stream an Amazon Prime movie with absolutely no issues. Went to bed later and got up at about 4:00 AM to take the new puppy outside and decided to do a test, it was over 200mbps. Back to bed and it ran 100+ all day until the evening and once again slowed to less than 10mbps. I watched a bunch of youtube videos and then streamed another movie all with no issue.

Only real problem was it had an outage yesterday afternoon for about 15 minutes connection was fine but no internet. I switched my Pepewave to Verizon back in business. I checked my phone a couple of time and Starlink came back up. In 2 days of use I've used a little over 30gb of data from Starlink.

No final decision yet, but right now we're leaning to dropping the Att prepaid and Dish Network then picking up some streaming services.

We are in FL right now and we also had the Starlink outage for around 18 min. That was around 4pm ET.

Day 4

Just pulled into a New I mean New RV Park, we might be the 1st ones in this spot called Pine Haven RV Resort & Storage which is just getting open. It's about 100 NE of Canton.

Setup Starlink, was really easy the second time. Speed test was 120Mbps at about 3:00PM.

Day 5 Friday 12/02/2022 9:50AM CDT Raining very overcast 125 down 11.6 Up

We have used 44Gb of data so far

Winner winner chicken dinner

I'm trying to convince myself that I need to order Starlink so I check our 3.5-month stay in Florida on the RV Lifes app and rates T-Mobile between 200 and 300 - AT&T between 20 and 60 and Verizon between 30 and 80. It rates Starlink between 2 and 4. My unlimited T-Mobile is 41 bucks and my Verizon is 65 makes it hard to justify Starlink and 135 bucks.

I watch an interesting Youtube video. Did you know that there are 1280 antennas in the small square dish?

I was thinking about buying the rv version and use it for the RV and at home. Thoughts?

I'm trying to convince myself that I need to order Starlink so I check our 3.5-month stay in Florida on the RV Lifes app and rates T-Mobile between 200 and 300 - AT&T between 20 and 60 and Verizon between 30 and 80. It rates Starlink between 2 and 4. My unlimited T-Mobile is 41 bucks and my Verizon is 65 makes it hard to justify Starlink and 135 bucks.

I watch an interesting Youtube video. Did you know that there are 1280 antennas in the small square dish?
If I had that I wouldn't get Starlink. Why?

I was thinking about buying the rv version and use it for the RV and at home. Thoughts?
Explore the 3-4 different packages they have, Portability might be a better option if you're home usually

Latest resources

Back