RV Make
Renegade
RV Length
45’
TOW/TOAD
ATC Trailer
Fulltimer
Yes
Received an email from Starlink this morning about an upcoming price increase for Starlink for RV plan. Increasing from $135 to $150 a month.

Sigh

Still the best option going for us when traveling in areas with open skies and unknown cellular speeds.

Attachments

• 5506A905-38FC-47B0-A5A4-2036473DC5D6.jpeg
    5506A905-38FC-47B0-A5A4-2036473DC5D6.jpeg
    616.3 KB · Views: 5
Received an email from Starlink this morning about an upcoming price increase for Starlink for RV plan. Increasing from $135 to $150 a month.

Sigh

Still the best option going for us when traveling in areas with open skies and unknown cellular speeds.
Yeah, that sucks, but a whole lot better than what they offer me. Mine is $500 a month, $.50 per gig over one TB, and if I want to make it portable, it's another $500 a month.

Glad to have the RV plan where I'll only activate it when cellular is insufficient which is rare. Fortunate to have two great unlimited plans, otherwise yes Starlink is still a win. I don't use Dish anymore so that makes things better too.

Received similar email this morning from Starlink regarding pricing on the residential unit. Our monthly price increase is $10 to $120 per month. This is the result of living in a high demand area. Low demand areas get a price reduction on monthly fee. Still a good deal in my opinion

Yeah, that sucks, but a whole lot better than what they offer me. Mine is $500 a month, $.50 per gig over one TB, and if I want to make it portable, it's another $500 a month.
I assume this is for a Starlink business account? If not, please clarify.

It almost feels like Starlink is making this stuff up as they go. I just read that the portability option is no longer available for Residential and Business, so I now couldn't use the portability option even if I wanted to.

Portability Add-On Is Gone​

Another change that wasn’t announced in the email is the elimination of the Portability add-on for Residential and Business service plans. Portability was a feature that allowed Residential customers to travel with their dish, away from the registered service address, for short periods of time. For an extra $25/month, Portability was similar to RV. The add-on could be turned on and off as needed. Portability is no longer an option in the Starlink Account Portal for Residential and Business customers in the US.

Link to article.

It almost feels like Starlink is making this stuff up as they go. I just read that the portability option is no longer available for Residential and Business, so I now couldn't use the portability option even if I wanted to.

Agree that they act as a startup, specifically a Musk company. They can pivot on a dime from one day to the next. It makes them very agile, but also a risk of leaving customers upset. Just look at Tesla and the price changes they had over the past few months here in the US.

Who knows, if it doesn’t pan out well, they can change their mind next year, month, quarter, month, week, day or even this afternoon.

Portability Add-On Is Gone​

Another change that wasn’t announced in the email is the elimination of the Portability add-on for Residential and Business service plans. Portability was a feature that allowed Residential customers to travel with their dish, away from the registered service address, for short periods of time. For an extra $25/month, Portability was similar to RV. The add-on could be turned on and off as needed. Portability is no longer an option in the Starlink Account Portal for Residential and Business customers in the US.

Link to article.
If you currently have portability, they won’t take it away as long as you don’t turn it off. If you turn off portability they will not turn it back on.

Agree that they act as a startup, specifically a Musk company. They can pivot on a dime from one day to the next. It makes them very agile, but also a risk of leaving customers upset. Just look at Tesla and the price changes they had over the past few months here in the US.
They own this market space and I don't see that changing anytime soon. He ain't no dummy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back