Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
Are there any beta users for Starlink here on the forum. Just curious....?

Yes, I am. It works amazing. It does not travel well. I am signed up for alpha testing of moving between residence locations, waiting for final approval.

It will not work for long distance traveling. The way the network is split up, is based on regions of broadcasting satellites. How large this grid is depends on area, but where I tested it was less than 2 miles.

Yes, I am. It works amazing. It does not travel well. I am signed up for alpha testing of moving between residence locations, waiting for final approval.

It will not work for long distance traveling. The way the network is split up, is based on regions of broadcasting satellites. How large this grid is depends on area, but where I tested it was less than 2 miles.
Very cool. I was reading how Musk is working on an antenna to connect RVs, jets, boats and semis to SpaceX satellite network. Was curious about it. Thanks for responding. Would love updates as you have them. ?

Very cool. I was reading how Musk is working on an antenna to connect RVs, jets, boats and semis to SpaceX satellite network. Was curious about it. Thanks for responding. Would love updates as you have them. ?
It will come soon, as the antenna will update the network in real-time. This takes a lot of processing power and software predictions. Hopefully in the next 6 months this will be available.

StarLink I'm sure will be great but my concern is the same we deal with now with SAT and that's line of sight. Have a tree in the way and you may be without Internet. If on the other hand it's like GPS where X number of satellites need to be captured, we may be in luck. I don't know the details but I'm not seeing cellular going away for users like me (business from RV) anytime soon.

The rF of starlink is not a los like a laser beam or directv, but rather like a GPS signal. Not as good as wifi, but much better and easier to setup than directv.

It is even better than my sat phone.

More news regarding Starlink mobile as of March 18, 2021:

"SpaceX filed a request with the FCC on Friday for approval to deploy end-user stations it calls “Earth Stations in Motion,” or ESIMs. The mobile terminals would be mounted on land vehicles, ships, and airplanes, SpaceX said in the filing.

The mobile stations are “electrically identical” to the $499 terminals already authorized by the FCC for fixed consumers. The federal regulator previously issued a license for SpaceX to field up to a million end-user Earth stations designed for homes, businesses, schools, hospitals, and other types of customers.

The Starlink terminals designed for mobility have “mountings that allow them to be installed on vehicles, vessels, and aircraft,” SpaceX wrote in the filing with the FCC. The terminals will communicate with Starlink satellites visible above an elevation of 25 degrees in the sky."

The only news I want is when the IPO is. Standing by...

Nov 2021:

Who's using or ordering Starlink for your RV? Please keep this thread updated with your experiences, use, etc. so we can all learn from it. I'm considering ordering it, my home address isn't yet covered so it would be a deposit only at this time. Curious when to give this a try.

I would order now. Lead times are long. You get an email when.your ready to activate, and that is when you pay for the satellite receiver.

You can cancel your order at anytime and get a full refund.

It's better to be in line now.

Latest resources

Back