RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
All - Today, leaving RV Camping Park, and the services bay door refused to latch. Realize that cable which controls latch "locking" has released. My question is I read thread couple years ago on rhe fix. But searching for it sends me to other things which have no relationship to this issue. Would like to fix this tomorrow if possible, after the rest of the grass cutting. So if anyone can point me in the right direction, would be deeply appreciated. Door is not held shut with electrical tape, wrapped around the exhause pipe stanchoin but not good for security and rodents. Thank you in advance.

It could be a few different things. Best to just pop the black plastic cover plate off and inspect. I’ve had it where the top part of the electrical plunger just popped off the head unit, easy fix. The plunger itself could have failed, the cable could have come loose, etc. It’s a very simple setup, just remove the cover and take a look.

Thank you, on tomorrows agenda after final yard work.

Yard work. I do not miss that.

Turns out not the cable, bakelite support is broken, pin shered off and top part of locking mechanism is broken. Bent pieces back, and now it is lockable. Need to replace this part pictured. I have attached, pictures of a non broken unit and the broken one for comparison. Will Call Newmar on Monday. Suspect door might not be lining up all the way. Once new part ordered and received, will see if I can raise the door so it is closer to level. This is the services bay door, and it lead time is long, will take a good one off another door not used as much, and put bad one on that door. Hopefully the lead time won't be long. Better half is getting tired of all the little things going wrong each trip.

Attachments

• 20210828_154326.jpg
    20210828_154326.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • 20210828_154338.jpg
    20210828_154338.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
I need the same part. Left a message with Newmar Friday after hours.
Would appreciate the part number if you have it.

Turns out not the cable, bakelite support is broken, pin shered off and top part of locking mechanism is broken. Bent pieces back, and now it is lockable. Need to replace this part pictured. I have attached, pictures of a non broken unit and the broken one for comparison. Will Call Newmar on Monday. Suspect door might not be lining up all the way. Once new part ordered and received, will see if I can raise the door so it is closer to level. This is the services bay door, and it lead time is long, will take a good one off another door not used as much, and put bad one on that door. Hopefully the lead time won't be long. Better half is getting tired of all the little things going wrong each trip.
Seems to be a common issue for that top plastic part to sheer but I don't think it plays any roll in the locking/unlocking. I could be wrong but I think it's just a matter of the cross bar hitting the U hook latch properly. I dunno

This is due to the newmar instance that bay doors need to slam shut.

All my doors can close without a slam, and most with a pinky finger. If a door needs to slam, then it needs to have the latch adjusted. It's very time consuming, but slamming things will eventually break something.

This is due to the newmar instance that bay doors need to slam shut.

All my doors can close without a slam, and most with a pinky finger. If a door needs to slam, then it needs to have the latch adjusted. It's very time consuming, but slamming things will eventually break something.
So, one only needs to adjust to get rid of the bone jarring slamming? I’m on it.

Don’t slam your doors. Just press with your hand the door where the latch is located. If the U part attached to the coach frame is misaligned, it will brake the plastic guide eventually.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back