• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

JChiulli

RVF Newbee
Curious...

I have a Forest River Mini Light Travel Trailer and I am considering purchasing a Bolt on platform for above the LP Tanks on the front of the Trailer. My plan is to use that to mount my Honda 3000 Generator. Question...has anyone used one of these for this purpose? How is the noise/vibration inside the unit?

Thanks!

What are you towing the trailer with? The reason I ask is adding weight to the tongue may be putting your tow vehicle at or above the manufacturer's weight limit. Far as a working solution, yep, it should work fine. I wouldn't expect there to be a lot of vibration and not a bunch of noise either.

Thanks! I am towing with a 2019 Dodge RAM 1500. I will have to look into my tongue weight limits...but I believe I should still be under. I am most concerned with the vibration and noise, only because the head of our bed shares the wall where the generator would be mounted.

Looks like you SHOULD be OK with the extra weight. Far as noise, if it is one that has an open frame (normally called contractor type) you will have more noise and vibration. I have had my contractor type in the bed of my truck running and had no problem sleeping, but I have also slept in a semi with it running all night, so my opinion about it probably won't do you much good.

Latest resources

Back