Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

rdm35bgm01

RVF Newbee
I can’t keep my suburban oven lite, runs for about 10 minutes and goes out. Pilot light starts flickering. I’ve replaced thermocoupler, pilot light, regulator, dealer diagnose it and said manifold. Still have same issue.

I can’t keep my suburban oven lite, runs for about 10 minutes and goes out. Pilot light starts flickering. I’ve replaced thermocoupler, pilot light, regulator, dealer diagnose it and said manifold. Still have same issue.
RDM it looks like you joined RVF just 6 days before us. We have a suburban oven that was working and then stopped after having used it several times (we are full timers, 11 yrs, and just moved into this, our 4th trlr, this Sept; 2021 Open Range TT). Pilot light wouldn't stay lit after knob is released (after 30 seconds or more) and then after several attempts would not stay lit even when knob was held in. Changed thermocoupler and worked when tested. Then the next day we went to actually use it and it was back to not staying lit after the knob was released, no matter how I tried to ease out of it. I think I am going to try to replace the knob that controls the oven temp/pilot. Let me know if you find a solution and I'll do the same. Dave

Additional note: I found that Suburban uses 3 different mfr's for the manifold: SABAF, COPRECI, BSI. Only with SABAF can the individual components be replaced (such as the knob/controller I mentioned above, which is the oven thermostat). The other 2 come as a single unit consisting of the manifold, thermostat w/knob, and 3 burner valves. Some also include the regulator. Pricey, about $125 and up, but if the extended version is needed it jumps to $190 to $220 (that is the version I have, simply has a longer tube on one side). Since it looks like they are installed interchangeably from the mfr I am going to look into buying the modular unit.

Additional note: I found that Suburban uses 3 different mfr's for the manifold: SABAF, COPRECI, BSI. Only with SABAF can the individual components be replaced (such as the knob/controller I mentioned above, which is the oven thermostat). The other 2 come as a single unit consisting of the manifold, thermostat w/knob, and 3 burner valves. Some also include the regulator. Pricey, about $125 and up, but if the extended version is needed it jumps to $190 to $220 (that is the version I have, simply has a longer tube on one side). Since it looks like they are installed interchangeably from the mfr I am going to look into buying the modular unit.

We bought the wrong one the first time, gas lines wouldn’t hook up . Second one was correct, but didn’t correct the problem. I’m done replacing parts, everything has been replaced. We carry a Nesco with us to replace the oven.

Latest resources

Back